The Buck Knives 110 Famous Folding Hunter Knife with Genuine Leather Sheath, which has been in existence since 1962, was designed with the avid hunter in mind, which is why it comes loaded with features that many a hunter loves and finds very useful. In the Buck Knives 110 Famous Folding Hunter Knife with Genuine Leather Sheath review below, we shall take a look at some of the features of the Folding Hunter that makes it so popular among avid hunters and other outdoorsmen and women. The review shall also cover some of the product’s pros and cons as well as the questions customers often ask about the product. At the end of the review, you will be armed with enough information about the Folding Hunter to decide for yourself whether the Folding Hunter is ideal enough for your next hunting trip or not.
- 1 Buck Knives 110 Famous Folding Hunter Knife with Detail Features
- 1.1 420 HC Steel Blade Construction
- 1.2 Lockback Design for Safety
- 1.3 Leather Sheath for Protection and Easy Carriage
- 1.4 PROS
- 1.5 CONS
- 1.6 Buck Knives 110 Famous Folding Hunter Knife Presentation Video
- 1.7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.7.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Folding Hunter?
- 1.7.2 Q. Does the Folding Hunter come with a warranty?
- 1.7.3 Q. Where is the Folding Hunter made?
- 1.7.4 Q. What carrying system does the knife come with?
- 1.7.5 Q. What is the Folding Hunter’s blade length?
- 1.7.6 Q. What is the length of the knife when closed?
- 1.7.7 Q. What material is used in making the blade?
- 1.7.8 Q. What is the knife’s handle material?
- 1.7.9 Q. How much does the Folding Hunter weigh?
- 1.7.10 Q. Can Buck Knives sharpen the Folding Hunter for me when the blade becomes blunt?
- 1.7.11 Q. How do I care for the Folding Hunter?
- 1.8 Final Verdict
Buck Knives 110 Famous Folding Hunter Knife with Detail Features
420 HC Steel Blade Construction
The Folding Hunter is made of 420HC steel, which is renowned for making bladed stools strong and reliable, and the Folding Hunter is no exception. Thanks to the 420HC steel that the Folding Hunter is made of, it is corrosion-resistant and has the ability to hold its edge for a long time. Also, the 420HC steel makes resharpening the Folding Hunter very easy.
Lockback Design for Safety
The brilliant lockback mechanism that the Folding Hunter incorporates provides the user with a number of advantages, the most prominent of which is safety. Everyone who knows the lockback knives knows they provide users with safety and strength, and the Folding Hunter is no exception. With this knife’s brilliant lockback design, a user’s convenience and safety is greatly improved since the lockback mechanism greatly reduces the accidental closure of the blade while cutting, thereby saving the user from accidentally cutting him or herself.
Leather Sheath for Protection and Easy Carriage
The Folding Hunter comes with a high-quality leather sheath which not only protects the blade but also offers the user easy access to the knife. Another major function of the leather sheath is to allow the user to easily carry the knife wherever he or she goes. The sheath is designed in such a way that one can comfortably carry it on one’s belt.
- It is handy and very safe to carry.
- It comes with a razor sharp edge.
- The price is very good considering all the great functionalities of the knife.
- Its compact nature makes it easy to carry around with you.
- It is extremely durable and can therefore be used for a very long time.
- It is pretty easy to open and use the knife.
- It comes with a very solid lock-up, which locks the blade solidly into place when the blade is open and in use.
- The sheath can be a little bit problematic since its quality does not match that of the knife.
- Would have been better if it were lighter than it currently is.
Buck Knives 110 Famous Folding Hunter Knife Presentation Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Folding Hunter?
A. The knife is manufactured by the iconic American knife manufacturing company Buck Knives, which has been in business for more than a century now.
Q. Does the Folding Hunter come with a warranty?
A. Yes it does! The Folding Hunter, like any other knife you purchase from Buck Knives, comes with Buck’s legendary Forever Warranty. This warranty basically means that throughout the lifespan of the Folding Hunter, if it develops a manufacturing-related problem, Buck will either replace or repair the knife for you. However, the warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by mishandling from your end.
Q. Where is the Folding Hunter made?
A. It is made in the United States.
Q. What carrying system does the knife come with?
A. The carrying system is a durable black leather sheath.
Q. What is the Folding Hunter’s blade length?
A. It has a length of 3-3/4 inches.
Q. What is the length of the knife when closed?
A. When closed the entire knife has a length 4-7/8 inches.
Q. What material is used in making the blade?
A. The blade is made of 420HC stainless steel.
Q. What is the knife’s handle material?
A. The material for the handle is natural wood grain – to be specific, Macassar Ebony Dymondwood.
Q. How much does the Folding Hunter weigh?
A. It has a total weight of 7.2 ounces.
Q. Can Buck Knives sharpen the Folding Hunter for me when the blade becomes blunt?
A. Yes. The company offers all their customers with sharpening services. However, they will charge you for that.
Q. How do I care for the Folding Hunter?
A. If your aim is to take proper care of your knife, you should follow these simple care instructions:
- Clean the knife on a regular basis. During each cleaning process, you should pay attention to places such as the knife’s locking devices and its pivot points.
- Putting the knife in liquid isn’t recommended. However, if you do that, make sure that you thoroughly dry the knife.
- When you are done cleaning the knife, it is advisable to oil it. In oiling the knife, pay particular attention to the blade as well as the pivot points of the knife. When you regularly oil your knife, it will not only prevent it from accumulating sticky residues but it will also save it from rusting.
The tips above, which are recommended by Buck Knives, should be followed if you want your knife to last longer and perform at its best all the time.
It is abundantly clear from the review above why the Folding Hunter is a very popular hunting knife among avid hunters everywhere. Not only is this knife reliable in the field and of a very high quality nature, but it also comes with Buck Knives’ famous lifetime warranty. In addition to being renowned for its rugged dependability in the field, the Folding Hunter is also famed for being one of the best-selling knives of all time.
For a few other great hunting Backpacks , read the Top Hunting Knives Reviews with Buying Guide.