The Summit Treestands Viper SD Climbing Treestand, Mossy Oak is a tree stand from Summit which is renowned for being very comfortable, versatile, lightweight and sturdy. In this Summit Treestands Viper SD Climbing Treestand, Mossy Oak review, we shall be taking a look at some of the most important features that make this tree stand one of the best-selling tree stands on the market.
- 1 Summit Treestands Viper SD Climbing Treestand, Mossy Oak with Detail Features
- 1.1 Highly Durable
- 1.2 DeadMetal Sound Deadening Technology
- 1.3 SummitLokt Structural Enhancement Technology
- 1.4 RapidClimb Stirrups
- 1.5 QuickDraw Cable Retention
- 1.6 Suspended Foam-Padded Seat
- 1.7 PROS
- 1.8 CONS
- 1.9 Summit Treestands Viper SD Climbing Treestand, Mossy Oak Presentation Videos
- 1.10 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.10.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand?
- 1.10.2 Q. Does the product come with a warranty?
- 1.10.3 Q. In which country is the Viper SD made?
- 1.10.4 Q. What is the weight of the Viper SD?
- 1.10.5 Q. How much weight can the Viper SD hold?
- 1.10.6 Q. What are the dimensions of the Viper SD?
- 1.10.7 Q. What does the package come with?
- 1.10.8 Q. Is the Viper SD both a sit and climb stand?
- 1.10.9 Q. Is the seat padded?
- 1.10.10 Q. Is the Viper SD made of steel or aluminum?
- 1.10.11 Q. Can this stand be used for bow hunting?
- 1.10.12 Q. Does the Viper SD come with a foot rest?
- 1.11 Tree Stand Safety Video
- 1.12 Final Verdict
Summit Treestands Viper SD Climbing Treestand, Mossy Oak with Detail Features
The Viper SD is renowned for its durability, and rightly so. With a very sturdy and quality construction, the treestand can withstand a reasonable amount of abuse. The manufacturers of the stand are so confident with the quality of the stand that they back it with a 5-year limited warranty.
DeadMetal Sound Deadening Technology
The Viper SD incorporates the DeadMetal™ Sound-Deadening Technology whose major function is to reduce the noise that the treestand makes. The DeadMetal Technology comes with a custom-engineered foam which reduces the metal-to-metal noise created by the device’s aluminum tubing. This is very important in the sense that it helps the hunter conceal his presence in the tree from the animals that he or she is hunting, which obviously increases his or her chance of being successful.
SummitLokt Structural Enhancement Technology
Another great feature of the Viper SD worth mentioning is its SummitLokt Technology which contributes massively to its strength and rigidity. How exactly does this technology do that? This technology makes use of Summit’s extrusions to create structures that are first “locked” in place before being welded. What this does is it prevents the welds from being overstressed in order to allow for a system that is very secure, strong and safe.
The Viper SD incorporates the RapidClimb® Stirrups, which are highly adjustable and ergonomically shaped to fit all types of boots. These RapidClimb® Stirrups allow the hunter to not only keep his or her boot securely to the treestand’s platform but also allows him or her to climb more quickly and more comfortably to any height.
QuickDraw Cable Retention
One of the most useful features of the Viper SD is its QuickDraw® cable retention system, which is renowned for being one of the quietest and fastest cable attachments ever. In addition to this, using the system is also very easy. All you need to do is size the cable for the diameter of the tree before going on to place the cable into the suspension arm’s QuickDraw® bracket. After this is done, pulling the “trigger” will securely lock the cable into place. This system saves you from going through the trouble of fumbling with nuts, pins, bolts or nuts.
Suspended Foam-Padded Seat
One of the most prominent comfort-enhancing features of the stand is its suspended foam-padded seat that comes with a backrest. The well-padded seat and backrest make the seat so comfortable that the hunter can sit in it for several hours without feeling any discomfort.>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon <<<
- It is a very quality and sturdy climbing stand.
- It is very comfortable.
- It is so light you can carry it conveniently for long distances through the woods without getting fatigued.
- It is very easy and safe to use.
- It is so quiet it keeps one concealed from game.
- It is very easy to climb with.
- It comes with a very useful instructional video.
- It comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
- It is pretty expensive.
- The paint on the foot rest peels easily.
Summit Treestands Viper SD Climbing Treestand, Mossy Oak Presentation Videos
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand?
A. The product is manufactured by Summit Treestands, LLC.
Q. Does the product come with a warranty?
A. Yes. Summit covers the product with a 5-year limited warranty.
Q. In which country is the Viper SD made?
A. It is made in the United States.
Q. What is the weight of the Viper SD?
A. It weighs 20 lbs.
Q. How much weight can the Viper SD hold?
A. It holds up to 300 lbs.
Q. What are the dimensions of the Viper SD?
A. 20” W x 26.5″ D platform size, 18” W x 12” D seat size.
Q. What does the package come with?
A. Besides the Viper SD comes with things such as Bungee Backpack Straps, RapidClimb Stirrups, a Full Body Harness and a QuickDraw Cable System.
Q. Is the Viper SD both a sit and climb stand?
A. Yes it is.
Q. Is the seat padded?
A. Yes. The Viper SD comes with a suspended foam-padded seat.
Q. Is the Viper SD made of steel or aluminum?
A. The treestand is made of Aluminum.
Q. Can this stand be used for bow hunting?
A. Yes it is very good for bow hunting.
Q. Does the Viper SD come with a foot rest?
A. No. You do not get a foot rest with the Viper SD.
Tree Stand Safety Video
All in all, the Viper SD is a very useful climbing treestand that separates itself from other treestands on the market thanks to the fact that it is equipped with such advanced features as the QuickDraw cable retention system, the SummitLokt Technology, the RapidClimb Stirrups and the Full-Body Fall Arrest Harness System among others. The Viper SD is made in such a way that it keeps you perfectly concealed, safe and comfortable all the time that you stay in the tree hunting game. In addition to this, the product is also very lightweight and sturdy. With a weight of just 20 pounds, the Viper SD is so light that it can be moved from one place to another with great ease. These are just a handful of the reasons why the Viper SD is a favorite among many hunters.