If you are a hunter looking for outstanding value on the knife market, you should consider the PakLite Elite simply because it is an extremely useful caping and boning elite kit from one of the world’s most famous knife manufacturing companies Buck Knives. The PakLite Elite contains two very useful knives: a 136 PakLite boning knife and a 135 PakLite caper. Equipped with numerous useful features, the knives in the PakLite Elite kit are capable of delivering very excellent results in the field. To help you better understand all of the benefits that this product has to offer in the field, you should take a look at the Buck Knives 135SSSVP2 PakLite Elite Boning and Caping Knife Combo with Sheath review below.
- 1 Buck Knives 135SSSVP2 PakLite Elite Boning and Caping Knife Combo with Sheath with Detail Features
- 1.1 135 PakLite Caper
- 1.2 136 PakLite Boning Knife
- 1.3 S30v Stainless Steel Blade Construction
- 1.4 Heavy Duty Compact Sheath
- 1.5 Lightweight
- 1.6 PROS
- 1.7 CONS
- 1.8 Buck Knives 135SSSVP2 PakLite Elite Boning and Caping Knife Combo Presentation Video
- 1.9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.9.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of the PakLite Elite?
- 1.9.2 Q. Does this product come with a warranty?
- 1.9.3 Q. What is the total weight of the two knives combined?
- 1.9.4 Q. Where are these knives made?
- 1.9.5 Q. What is the product’s carry system?
- 1.9.6 Q. What materials are the handles made of?
- 1.9.7 Q. Do the manufacturers provide a sharpening service for sharpening of the knives?
- 1.9.8 Q. What is the blade length of the 136 PakLite Boning Knife?
- 1.9.9 Q. What is the blade length of the 135 PakLite Caper?
- 1.9.10 Q. How do I care for the knives?
- 1.10 Final Verdict
Buck Knives 135SSSVP2 PakLite Elite Boning and Caping Knife Combo with Sheath with Detail Features
135 PakLite Caper
As the name implies, the 135 PakLite Caper is best suited for caping game. This knife is a very versatile fixed blade hunting knife that can perform a variety of tasks from gutting and skinning big game animals to field dressing smaller animals such as turkeys. The 135 PakLite Caper’s sharpness, size and shape provide you with ultimate control and precision when engaging in the delicate task of field dressing. Despite being made purposely for caping, the PakLite Caper can also be conveniently used to perform everyday cutting tasks. Also, because the caper is small and light, carrying it from one place to another is very easy.
136 PakLite Boning Knife
The 136 PakLite Boning Knife, as the name suggests, is designed to make the task of deboning animals as convenient and as easy as possible. Thanks to the knife’s sharp, durable and narrow blade, you have complete control when boning and dressing all manners of animals in the field.
S30v Stainless Steel Blade Construction
Both knives have blades that are constructed with S30V steel, which is responsible for giving them their excellent edge retentions. In addition to this, the S30V stainless steel makes the blades of these knives very tough and hard and resistant to corrosion. These things play very instrumental roles in making the knives perform very optimally in the field.
Heavy Duty Compact Sheath
The PakLite Elite comes with a heavy duty compact nylon and polypropylene sheath which allows you to conveniently travel with the knives without accidentally injuring yourself. In addition to providing a safe and convenient way to carry the knives, the sheath also offers protection to the knives and prevents their blades from being damaged by the elements. Another very important quality of the sheath worth mentioning is the fact that it comes with a removable and dishwasher safe insert.
Some hunting knives on the market can be so bulky and heavy that taking them into the field can make the hunting experience less comfortable. But with the PakLite Elite, you are assured of a pair of knives that not only perform optimally but are light and very convenient to carry around. What makes these knives light? A number of things are responsible for their light nature, most notably their minimalist design and the skeletal steel frames that they come with.>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon <<<
- The knives are of high quality and are durable.
- They are lightweight and very portable.
- Since the knives do not come with handle material, they do not trap meat.
- They are very easy to clean.
- The blades of these knives come extremely sharp out of the box and have very good edge retention abilities.
- The PakLite Elite comes with a very durable and compact sheath that features an insert which is both removable and dishwasher safer.
- The price is great.
- They come with a lifetime warranty.
- Despite the advantages that come with the knives’ skeleton handles, some say the handles do not provide very comfortable grips.
- The blades of the knives can be a little bit challenging sharpening without professional help.
Buck Knives 135SSSVP2 PakLite Elite Boning and Caping Knife Combo Presentation Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of the PakLite Elite?
A. The knives are manufactured by Buck Knives, which is one of the most famous knife manufacturing brands in the world. Buck Knives has been in business for more than a century.
Q. Does this product come with a warranty?
A. Yes! Just like all knives from Buck Knives, these knives also come with Buck’s legendary Forever Warranty. With the Buck Forever Warranty, throughout the entire lifespan of the knives, Buck will either repair or replace your knives for you if they develop a manufacturing-related problem. However, it is worth noting that the warranty doesn’t cover damage caused by your mishandling of the knives.
Q. What is the total weight of the two knives combined?
A. Together, the knives weigh 5.6 oz. (159.4 g) in sheath.
Q. Where are these knives made?
A. The knives are manufactured in the United States.
Q. What is the product’s carry system?
A. A black heavy duty nylon and polypropylene sheath.
Q. What materials are the handles made of?
A. Stainless steel.
Q. Do the manufacturers provide a sharpening service for sharpening of the knives?
A. Yes! Since the blades can be a little bit challenging sharpening on your own, Buck Knives provides all customers with sharpening services at a charge. Using Buck Knives’ sharpening services easily puts the factory edge back on your blades.
Q. What is the blade length of the 136 PakLite Boning Knife?
Q. What is the blade length of the 135 PakLite Caper?
Q. How do I care for the knives?
A. In order to increase the lifespan of the knives and make them perform at their very best at every given time, it is imperative that you take proper care of them. Below are some of the most important care instructions for the knives:
- Make sure you regularly clean the knives, including the blades and handles.
- After cleaning the knives, it is advisable that you lubricate them. Lubricating the knives on a regular basis will help prevent them from rusting.
- These knives are designed mainly for cutting, it is therefore not advisable to you use them as alternatives for tools such as screwdrivers or hammers.
- And last but not least, always make sure that you store the knives in an environment that is dry.
If you follow these simple instructions above, you can increase the chances of your knives lasing longer and performing at their very best all the time.
In addition to being lightweight, which makes the PakLite Elite (the 135 PakLite Caper and the 136 PackLite Boning knife) very easy and convenient to carry, these knives also come with features that make them very effective in field dressing and skinning animals of all sizes. It is no wonder many consider the PakLite Elite an important part of a hunter’s gear.
For a few other great hunting Backpacks , read the Top Hunting Knives Reviews with Buying Guide.