Featuring a 8Cr13MoV steel, the Kershaw 1830 Oso Sweet Pocket Knife is a compact, sturdy and lightweight pocketknife. It comes with a good locking liner mechanism that allows the blade to stay safely in place until deployed. It also features other prominent things such as a glass-filled nylon handle, a SpeedSafe® Assisted Opening mechanism and a reversible pocket clip that provides multiple carry options. All these brilliant features come together to make the Oso Sweet one of the most sought after pocket knives on the market. In the Kershaw 1830 OSO Sweet Pocket Knife review below, we shall shed light on the features, the pros and cons of the Oso Sweet as well as sample customer FAQs. And surely at the end of the review we shall understand what makes the Oso Sweet very popular.
- 1 Kershaw 1830 OSO Sweet Pocket Knife with Detail Features
- 1.1 Made with 8Cr13MoV steel
- 1.2 Liner Lock Mechanism
- 1.3 Reversible Pocket Clip
- 1.4 Speed Safe Opening
- 1.5 PROS
- 1.6 CONS
- 1.7 Kershaw 1830 OSO Sweet Pocket Knife Presentation Video
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.8.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Oso Sweet Pocket Knife?
- 1.8.2 Q. Where is the knife made?
- 1.8.3 Q. Does the Oso Sweet come sharp?
- 1.8.4 Q. What is the length of the blade?
- 1.8.5 Q. What is the knife’s weight?
- 1.8.6 Q. Is the Oso Sweet a switchblade?
- 1.8.7 Q. Is the knife spring assisted?
- 1.8.8 Q. How thick is the blade?
- 1.8.9 Q. Does the knife come with a warranty?
- 1.8.10 Q. I am left-handed. Can I use this knife?
- 1.8.11 Q. Does Kershaw Knives offer a sharpening service for its customers?
- 1.8.12 Q. Can I sharpen the knife myself?
- 1.8.13 Q. How do I clean and care for the knife?
- 1.8.14 Q. Will Kershaw help me modify my knife?
- 1.9 Final Verdict
Kershaw 1830 OSO Sweet Pocket Knife with Detail Features
Made with 8Cr13MoV steel
Thanks to the 8Cr13MoV Steel that the Oso Sweet pocket knife is made of, it is durable, strong and wear-resistant. In addition to all these, the 8Cr13MoV steel also gives the Oso Sweet decent edge retention and makes it quite easy to sharpen.
Liner Lock Mechanism
The Oso Sweet comes with the most popular locking mechanism found in folding knives, the locking liner, which not only keeps the blade safely in place until the user releases it but also securely locks the blade open when the blade is released and in use. This is very important since it prevents the knife from accidental closures. The locking liner also allows a user to use only one hand to open and close the knife. When not in use, the liner lock allows you to easily close the blade for easy and safe carriage and storage.
Reversible Pocket Clip
The Oso Sweet comes with a pocket clip that can easily be reversed to allow for multiple carry options – tip-down or tip-up carry.
Speed Safe Opening
The Oso Sweet features the SpeedSafe® Assisted Opening mechanism, which allows you to quickly and conveniently move the blade out of the handle with only one hand – whether your left hand or right hand.
- The knife comes razor sharp.
- It has a glass-filled nylon handle that allows for a secure and comfortable grip.
- The knife is quite sturdy.
- It is perfect for both left-handed and right-handed use.
- It opens smoothly and pretty quietly.
- It is very durable and lightweight at the same time.
- In addition to being very sharp and well-designed, the blade is easy to sharpen.
- It has a good liner lock that keeps the blade locked open so it can be used safely.
- It is very portable and can be conveniently carried anywhere.
- It is very affordable.
- Its compact nature makes it easy to discreetly carry it around.
- Since it is not a stainless steel blade, it is not the best to be used around water.
- People with larger hands tend to find the small handle of the knife a little bit uncomfortable.
Kershaw 1830 OSO Sweet Pocket Knife Presentation Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Oso Sweet Pocket Knife?
A. The Oso Sweet is manufactured by the award-winning American knife manufacturing company Kershaw Knives (which is a brand of Kai USA Limited). Kershaw Knives has been in the business of producing ground-breaking knives since it was founded in 1974.
Q. Where is the knife made?
A. It is made in China.
Q. Does the Oso Sweet come sharp?
A. Yes the knife comes razor sharp and ready to use.
Q. What is the length of the blade?
A. The blade has a length of approximately 3.1 inches (7.9 cm).
Q. What is the knife’s weight?
A. The knife has a weight of 90.7 g (3.2 0z.).
Q. Is the Oso Sweet a switchblade?
A. It is widely not considered to be a switchblade.
Q. Is the knife spring assisted?
A. No. The blade isn’t spring assisted. It is manually opened.
Q. How thick is the blade?
A. It is approximately 0.28cm thick.
Q. Does the knife come with a warranty?
A. Yes the knife comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty against any manufacturing-related problem.
Q. I am left-handed. Can I use this knife?
A. Yes you can use this knife. Many of the knives produced by Kershaw Knives are ambidextrous, which means they can be opened easily with either hands, and the Oso Sweet is no exception.
Q. Does Kershaw Knives offer a sharpening service for its customers?
A. Yes it does. The moment your knife gets dull, you can send it them to sharpen it for you free of charge.
Q. Can I sharpen the knife myself?
A. Yes you can. While the manufacturers recommend using the Kershaw Ultra-Tek sharpener to sharpen the knife, you can also use other specialty sharpeners such as a whetstone to sharpen it.
Q. How do I clean and care for the knife?
A. You can use a simple soft clean cloth to remove surface dirt from the knife. You can also use compressed air to achieve the same result. However, if the knife is very dirty, you can wash it using water and a mild detergent. After washing it, dry it thoroughly before proceeding to oil or lubricate it. In oiling it, you can use gun oil or ordinary household oil. Doing these simple things will not only increase the knife’s lifespan but it will also keep it working at its best all the time.
Q. Will Kershaw help me modify my knife?
A. No. You void your warranty the moment you modify your knife.
The Oso Sweet Pocket Knife is a very popular pocketknife, and rightly so. As you have just witnessed from the review above, the Oso Sweet comes with many important features that make it ideal for everyday use as well as for major outdoor activities such as hunting and camping.
For a few other great hunting Backpacks , read the Top Hunting Knives Reviews with Buying Guide.