Designed by famed British adventurer Bear Grylls and Gerber Legendary Blades, Inc., the Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Serrated Knife is one of the best rated survival knives currently available for purchase on the market. The knife, which is very versatile and reliable, comes loaded with features such as a partially serrated drop point blade, a steel pommel, an ergonomic rubber handle and an emergency whistle. If you are interested in knowing more about this knife, the Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Serrated Knife review below will give you a bit of insight regarding the knife and why it is widely regarded as one of the most useful survival knives out there.
Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Serrated Knife with Detail Features[easyazon_image align=”center” identifier=”B003R0LSMO” locale=”US” src=”https://www.besthuntinggearreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Gerber_Bear_Grylls-a.jpg” tag=”azhunt-20″ ]
Feature-Laden Nylon Sheath
This fixed blade survival knife comes with a mildew-resistant, nylon sheath that not only allows you to safely transport the knife to wherever you are going but also has the ability to protect the knife from the elements. In addition to this, the nylon sheath comes with other important features such as the following:
- Fire starter: Because of how important starting a fire can be in a survival situation or when camping out, the manufacturers of the Ultimate Knife incorporated into the back of its sheath an excellent fire starter rod that makes the process of starting a fire very easy.
- Diamond sharpener: In the interior of the sheath is an inbuilt diamond sharpening stone which does an excellent job sharpening the edge of the blade. This feature allows you to easily sharpen the knife on the go.
- Belt loop: The main purpose of the sheath’s belt loop is to allow for the easy carriage of the knife on your belt.
- Bear Grylls Priorities of Survival Pocket Guide: At the back of the sheath is a pouch that contains Bear Grylls’ famous Priorities of Survival pocket guide, which provides users with relevant information that can aid them survive in the wilderness.
Ergonomic Rubber Grip Handle
The knife comes with an ergonomic slip-resistant handle that is enveloped with a textured rubber. The handle is designed in such a manner that it provides a user with great comfort while using the knife for activities such as cutting, chopping, pounding, slicing, etc. In addition to this, the ergonomic design of the handle also reduces the likelihood of the knife slipping out of the user’s hand during use.
Excellent Steel Pommel for Hammering
The Ultimate Knife has at the bottom of its handle a stainless steel pommel, which is ideal for activities such as hammering or pounding. For example, in the field, one can easily use the pommel for hammering things such as shelter stakes into the ground.
Emergency Lanyard Whistle
The Ultimate Knife comes with an emergency micro lanyard whistle, which is one of the most important pieces of safety equipments one must have when venturing into the wilderness since it can be a life-safer. Why is the emergency whistle important during hunting trips and other wilderness adventures? Carrying an emergency whistle during outdoor activities such as hunting, camping, hiking, etc is very important in the sense that it gives you a very effective tool for being found or rescued in the event of an emergency. All one needs to do in such a situation is blow the whistle to call for help.
Half Serrated Blade
Another defining feature of the Ultimate Knife is its half serrated carbon steel blade which is very useful for slicing through surfaces that are hard or tough. Even when dull, the blade’s serrated edge does not perform badly slicing through tough surfaces.
Lashing Strap Holes
Just like many other good survival knives on the market, the Bear Grylls Ultimate Knife also comes with lashing strap holes in its handle that enable you to lash the knife to a pole with a chord or rope to turn it into a makeshift spear.
[easyazon_image align=”center” identifier=”B003R0LSMO” locale=”US” src=”https://www.besthuntinggearreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Gerber_Bear_Grylls-c.jpg” tag=”azhunt-20″ ]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B003R0LSMO” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon <<<[/easyazon_link]
- It is a highly durable, versatile and reliable knife.
- It comes with a stainless steel pommel that can be used for hammering.
- The knife’s ergonomic slip-resistant handle allows you to enjoy a good and comfortable grip when using the knife.
- It comes with a half serrated blade which allows it to saw/cut through things (especially hard surfaces) very easily.
- The lashing strap holes on the handle enable you to transform the knife into a makeshift spear.
- It comes with a lightweight, mildew-resistant, nylon holster.
- It comes with a sheath that has a diamond sharpener and fire starter.
- It has an emergency whistle.
- It features a key ground-air communication patch.
- The manufactures back it with a lifetime warranty.
- The serrations don’t last very long.
- The sheath could have been made more durable.
- The fire starting rod would have been better if it were longer.
Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Serrated Knife Presentation Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Serrated Knife?
A. The knife is manufactured by the Gerber Legendary Blades (GerberGear), which is one of the most successful knife manufacturing companies in the United States.
Q. Does the product come with warranty?
A. Yes it does. The knife is backed by the Gerber Lifetime Warranty.
Q. How much does the Ultimate Knife weigh?
A. Without sheath, the knife weighs 11.2oz, whereas with the sheath, it weighs 14.7oz.
Q. How long is the knife?
A. The blade is approximately 4.8 inches long whereas the open length of the knife is 10.0 inches.
Q. Does this knife come with a sheath?
A. Yes it does.
Q. Where is this product made?
A. The sheath of the knife is made in China.
Q. Where is the fire starter located?
A. You can find the fire starter on the sheath of the knife.
As you have seen from the review above, the Ultimate Knife comes loaded with features and innovations that can be very hard to find in many fixed blade knives on the market. In addition to all the goodies that come with the Ultimate Knife, it also comes with Bear’s famous Priorities of Survival pocket guide, which is a perfect compliment. Based on all that has been said above, we hope that you can now decide for yourself if the Ultimate Knife would be a good companion for your adventures in the woods.
[easyazon_cta align=”center” identifier=”B003R0LSMO” key=”tall-orange” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]
For a few other great hunting Backpacks , read the Top Hunting Knives Reviews with Buying Guide.