Any hunter who would be hunting game animals by the use of a firearm needs a good shooting vest – there’s no two ways about it! In this post, we introduce our cherished readers to the Champion Shooting Gear Trap Vest – Extra Large / XX Large that consistently keeps being ranked among the best shooting vests on the market. This bestselling vest, which is one of the most ideal choices for serious clay shooters, comes equipped with outstanding features such as an adjustable design, various storage pockets, a storage bag that functions as an excellent spent shell pocket, mesh back and front panels, well padded shoulders, and an equally well padded back yoke. The Champion Shooting Gear Trap Vest review below is designed purposely to help you get a better idea about this feature-laden vest. Hopefully at the end of the review, you would be in a good position to decide whether the Champion Trap Vest is worth adding to your hunting gear or not.
- 1 Champion Shooting Gear Trap Vest – Extra Large / XX Large with Detail Features
- 1.1 Adjustable Design
- 1.2 Padded Shoulders
- 1.3 Padded Back Yoke
- 1.4 Sufficient Pockets for Storage
- 1.5 Meshed Front and Back Panels
- 1.6 Storage Bag functions as Pocket for spent Shell
- 1.7 2 D-rings
- 1.8 2 Shell Holders
- 1.9 PROS
- 1.10 CONS
- 1.11 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.11.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Champion Shooting Gear Trap Vest?
- 1.11.2 Q. Is the Champion Trap Vest made in the United States?
- 1.11.3 Q. What sizes can I get this trap vest in?
- 1.11.4 Q. How many colors can I get the Champion Trap Vest in?
- 1.11.5 Q. Does the vest come with a padded shooting panel on the shoulder?
- 1.11.6 Q. Can this vest be used at the shooting range?
- 1.11.7 Q. Is the vest bright enough to reveal my presence to other hunters so that I don’t mistakenly get shot in the field?
- 1.12 Final Verdict
Champion Shooting Gear Trap Vest – Extra Large / XX Large with Detail Features
One of the key features of the Champion Trap Vest that clearly separates it from the majority of the competition out there is its remarkable adjustable design. This feature is primary responsible for giving the vest its unique ability to comfortably fit the average shooter, regardless of their shape and size.
Another very important selling point of the Champion Trap Vest is its padded shoulders that enhance your comfort by softening the recoil produced by your firearm upon pulling the trigger. And since both shoulders are well padded, it doesn’t matter whether you are a left-handed or a right-handed shooter, you are going to enjoy the benefits of the cushioned shoulders.
Padded Back Yoke
Aside the shoulders, the vest’s back yoke also comes with a generous amount of padding. This padding plays a crucial role in preventing the wearer from easily getting fatigued – especially when the vest is full of load and has to be worn for long periods of time.
Sufficient Pockets for Storage
You’d never need to worry about storage with the Champion Trap Vest in your possession. This vest comes with different storage pockets to safely and comfortably carry all the necessary items you’d need for shooting.
Meshed Front and Back Panels
The vest is fitted with a mesh front panel and back panel that are designed to allow air to circulate freely in order to keep you cool during warm temperatures. In addition to keeping you cool, the panels are also lightweight – a feature that further enhances your comfort.
Storage Bag functions as Pocket for spent Shell
One of the challenges many a shooter faces in the field is where to keep spent shell casings. Knowing this, the manufacturers designed the vest’s storage bag to function also as a storage place for your spent shells.
The vest is fitted with 2 d-rings, each of which is located on each of the adjustable straps on the vest’s back. These D-shaped rings are built for the primary purpose of serving as a lashing point to attach or fasten items.
2 Shell Holders
The Champion Trap Vest features 2 shell holders located above the left hand pocket of the vest. These shell holders are elastic and are designed to keep your shells secure and at hand in order to enable you focus more on your shooting.>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon <<<
- The quality of the Champion Trap Vest is good.
- It is lightweight.
- It comes with lots of storage space, including 2 front pockets that are expandable and a storage bag.
- The vest’s storage bag can act as a container for spent shell casings.
- Above the vest’s left hand pocket are double elastic shell holders.
- The vest comes with double adjustable straps located on its back.
- It comes with an adjustable design that makes it comfortable for the average shooter.
- The price of the vest is reasonably good.
- It comes with mesh front and back panels that keep you cool when the weather is hot.
- Would have been better if the vest came fitted with a water bottle pocket.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Champion Shooting Gear Trap Vest?
A. This vest is from Champion Traps & Targets – a brand of Vista Outdoor Inc., which is one of America’s largest designers and manufacturers of outdoor recreation and sports products. Vista Outdoor was founded in 2015 and is currently headquartered in Farmington, Utah.
Q. Is the Champion Trap Vest made in the United States?
A. No, it isn’t. It is made in China.
Q. What sizes can I get this trap vest in?
A. You can purchase it in Extra Large or XX Large.
Q. How many colors can I get the Champion Trap Vest in?
A. You can get this vest in Grey/Orange.
Q. Does the vest come with a padded shooting panel on the shoulder?
A. Yes, it does. Actually it comes with 2 padded shoulders, one on each side of the vest’s shoulders to cater for both right-handed and left-handed users.
Q. Can this vest be used at the shooting range?
A. Absolutely. In addition to being great for hunters, it is also a good vest to take to the shooting range.
Q. Is the vest bright enough to reveal my presence to other hunters so that I don’t mistakenly get shot in the field?
A. Yes, it is bright enough to make you visible to other shooters thanks to the fact that it comes with the color orange (which is a bright color) plastered all over it.
In concluding this very insightful review, we think the Champion Shooting Gear Trap Vest is a very quality vest that will not only help in keeping your shells and other gear well organized, but will also greatly enhance your comfort in the field. It therefore comes to us as no surprise why this feature-rich vest has for some time now made a name for itself as one of the most useful shooting vests a hunter can take with him or her into the field. If you are looking for a good shooting vest to take with you on your hunts, then the Champion Trap Vest isn’t a bad choice.