The Trijicon 1-6×24 VCOG® Riflescope is undoubtedly among some of the top rated sighting devices for firearms on the market. The purpose of this insightful Trijicon VCOG 1-6×24 Riflescope Ballistic Reticle review is to familiarize our readers with some of the key features of this bestselling riflescope in the hope that they can decide for themselves whether the VCOG is a scope worth purchasing and adding to their stock of hunting equipment or not. In addition to the scope’s major features, the review shall also, among other important things, cover the advantages and disadvantages (if there are any) of this product in question as well as customers’ most frequently asked questions. We shall then conclude the review nicely with our thoughts or final verdict on the product.
- 1 Trijicon VCOG 1-6×24 Riflescope Ballistic Reticle with Detail Features
- 2 Trijicon VCOG 1-6×24 Riflescope Ballistic Reticle Presentation Video
- 2.1 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 2.1.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of the scope?
- 2.1.2 Q. What is the meaning of ‘VCOG’ in Trijicon 1-6×24 VCOG®?
- 2.1.3 Q. What colors can I purchase this scope in?
- 2.1.4 Q. Where is the VCOG made?
- 2.1.5 Q. Is this scope waterproof?
- 2.1.6 Q. What is the device’s magnification?
- 2.1.7 Q. What are the dimensions of the VCOG?
- 2.1.8 Q. What kind of material is the scope’s housing made of?
- 2.1.9 Q. How many brightness settings does the VCOG’s LED reticle come with?
- 2.1.10 Q. What’s the difference between the segmented and horseshoe versions of the scope?
- 2.1.11 Q. What is the eye relief of the VCOG?
- 2.1.12 Q. Does the VCOG come with lens caps or covers?
- 2.1.13 Q. Is the scope’s reticle visible under very sunny or bright light conditions?
- 2.1.14 Q. What are the items that are included in the package?
- 2.1.15 Q. What kind of warranty is the VCOG backed by?
- 2.2 Final Verdict
- 2.1 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Trijicon VCOG 1-6×24 Riflescope Ballistic Reticle with Detail Features
Long Distance and CQB Marksmanship
Unlike many scopes on the market, the VCOG has the ability to allow for both long distance and close quarter battle (CQB) accuracy. This scope is engineered with such sophistication that a shooter can use it to accurately acquire targets swiftly and put rounds on them at will, be it during close quarter battles or during long-range shots.
Quick and accurate Range Estimation
Some scopes take forever to get accurate range estimations, which can reduce your chances of successfully hitting your targets at a distance. Thankfully, users of the VCOG don’t have to deal with that problem since the scope’s bullet drop compensating as well as its ranging reticles take care of that by giving the shooter the opportunity to easily and rapidly estimate an accurate range while at the same time applying the right hold.
Quality Optical Glass and excellent Light gathering ability
Equipped with a premium quality glass, the VCOG comes with an excellent light gathering ability with absolutely no distortion – a feature that provides the shooter with brilliant brightness and clarity anytime of the day. This means a shooter can easily take down game even when the atmosphere isn’t very bright.
First Focal Plane Reticle
Another cool feature of the VCOG that deserves mention is its highly useful first focal plane reticle whose primary job is to enable the drops and substensions to stay true at any magnification being used by the shooter. This is one of the many reasons why the scope is considered a very valuable tool for long range and tactical shooters. Also, it gives the shooter more flexibility in a variety of shooting positions and situations.
When it comes to durability, the VCOG is without a doubt one of the most durable scopes on the market. The scope’s remarkable durability, which by the way is one of its biggest selling points, is made possible thanks to the forged aircraft-aluminum-alloy the manufacturers used in building its housing. Thanks to its rugged and robust nature, the VCOG can withstand more abuse and beating in the field than most of its counterparts.
700 Hours of Runtime
How many sighting devices do you know that can give you up to 700 continuous hours of runtime? Not too many, we guess! Using just a single lithium AA battery, the VCOG can run for about 700 hours continuously. When you do the math, 700 hours is equal to about a month’s worth of time! If that isn’t remarkable battery life, then what is?!
- The VCOG is exceptionally durable and robust.
- It is engineered with a first focal plane reticle.
- It is crystal clear at all magnifications.
- Setting up the VCOG and zeroing it is very simple.
- It comes with as many as 6 brightness settings for its sophisticated LED reticle.
- It excels at shooting close quarter and long range targets.
- It comes with a thumb screw mount to facilitate easy mounting on your weapon.
- It is made in the United States and supported with a limited lifetime warranty.
- The VCOG is very pricey.
- For such an expensive piece of sighting device, it is unfortunate it doesn’t come along with lens caps/covers.
Trijicon VCOG 1-6×24 Riflescope Ballistic Reticle Presentation Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of the scope?
A. It is manufactured by Trijicon – a company based in Wixom, Michigan, U.S.A. Since its establishment in 1981, Trijicon has gone on to become one of the world’s premier manufacturers of optical sighting devices for various kinds of firearms ranging from rifles to pistols.
Q. What is the meaning of ‘VCOG’ in Trijicon 1-6×24 VCOG®?
A. VCOG means Variable Combat Optical Gunsight.
Q. What colors can I purchase this scope in?
A. You can purchase the scope in Green or Red.
Q. Where is the VCOG made?
A. Just like many other products from Trijicon, the VCOG is 100% made in the United States.
Q. Is this scope waterproof?
A. Yes. It is waterproof up to about 20 meters or 66 feet.
Q. What is the device’s magnification?
Q. What are the dimensions of the VCOG?
A. The dimensions are as follows: 10.05 x 2.51 x 2.73 in.
Q. What kind of material is the scope’s housing made of?
A. It is made of forged aluminum.
Q. How many brightness settings does the VCOG’s LED reticle come with?
A. It has 6 different brightness settings, which are easily adjustable.
Q. What’s the difference between the segmented and horseshoe versions of the scope?
A. The only difference between the Segmented Circle Crosshair and the Horseshoe Dot Crosshair is the different reticle image they come with. All in all, it’s all about your personal preference.
Q. What is the eye relief of the VCOG?
A. The scope has a constant eye relief of 4 inches.
Q. Does the VCOG come with lens caps or covers?
A. Unfortunately, it doesn’t. You’d have to buy them separately.
Q. Is the scope’s reticle visible under very sunny or bright light conditions?
A. The illumination of the reticle is so bright that no matter how bright or sunny the day is, you can still see it quite clearly.
Q. What are the items that are included in the package?
A. In addition to the scope, the package includes a Thumb Screw Mount (TA51), a Lithium AA Battery, a Trijicon Logo Sticker (PR15), a LENSPEN (TA56), a User Manual, and a Warranty Card.
Q. What kind of warranty is the VCOG backed by?
A. Trijicon supports this product with a limited lifetime warranty.
Having taken a look at most of the VCOG’s key features, its pros and cons, as well as the answers to some of customers’ most commonly asked questions, we really hope that you have gained a better understanding of this scope and can decide for yourself whether it is worthy of the price tag it comes with or not.
But what do we really think about the Trijicon VCOG 1-6×24 Riflescope Ballistic Reticle? We think that the scope comes with a whole lot of features that any Big Game hunter would find very useful in the field. Equipped with such impressive features as a premium glass, an extremely long battery life (700 hours of continuous use), a very durable aluminum housing that allows it to withstand abuse, a first focal plane reticle that ensures that drops and subtensions are always true regardless of the magnification, and an impressive ability to allow for accurate long range shots. All in all, if you are someone hunting for outstanding value in the riflescope market, then the VCOG might not be a bad choice at all.
For a few other great riflescopes, read our Top Rifle Scopes Review with Buying Guide.