In the world of hunting, an effective scope is inevitable for a bounty harvest. Furthermore, a scope that combines the performance of a military thermal sight and the precision of a riflescope is not a thing to be ignored by any serious hunter. This is why we are happy to introduce you to the IR Defense Hunter Mark II Thermal Rifle, which is essentially one of the best rifle scopes on the market in its price range. In this review, we will discuss the scope’s many features, and specifications, and answer some of the questions that buyers frequently ask. We hope that this will help you to make a decision.
- 1 IR Defense Hunter Mark II Thermal Rifle Scope with Detail Features
- 1.1 Multiple Reticles Enhances Precision
- 1.2 Swift Refresh Rate of 60Hz makes Targeting Easier
- 1.3 Enhanced Target Recognition (ETR) makes Targeting Less Strenuous
- 1.4 MILSPEC Emagin OLED Micro Display Delivers Sharp Imagery
- 1.5 BAE Systems Micro IR Uncooled Vanadium Oxide Micro bolometer permits the Viewing a wide variety of targets
- 1.6 Corrosion-Resistant 6061-T6 Aluminum Body Makes Scope Waterproof and Shock-Resistant
- 1.7 Coated Anti-Reflection Lens Improves Resolution
- 1.8 Digital Focus Control
- 1.9 PROS
- 1.10 CONS
- 1.11 IR Defense Hunter Mark II Thermal Rifle Scope Presentation Video
- 1.12 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.12.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of IR Defense Hunter Mark II Thermal Riflescope?
- 1.12.2 Q. Is the riflescope corrosion-resistant?
- 1.12.3 Q. What colors can I purchase the IR Defense Hunter Mark II Thermal Riflescope in?
- 1.12.4 Q. What are the colors of the reticle patterns of the Hunter Mark II Thermal Riflescope?
- 1.12.5 Q. Does the riflescope come with a case?
- 1.12.6 Q. Does the scope come with additional batteries?
- 1.12.7 Q. What is the weight of the IR HUNTER?
- 1.12.8 Q. Does the riflescope come with a warranty?
- 1.12.9 Q. What are the dimensions of this device?
- 1.12.10 Q. What’s the battery run time of the riflescope?
- 1.12.11 Q. How long does it take for the riflescope to start-up?
- 1.12.12 Q. What is the scope’s eye relief?
- 1.12.13 Q. Apart from the IR HUNTER, what else is included in the package?
- 1.13 Final Verdict
IR Defense Hunter Mark II Thermal Rifle Scope with Detail Features
Multiple Reticles Enhances Precision
You have three reticle options to choose from, and they are the Thermal Combat Reticle (RCT), Thermal Dot Reticle (TDT), and Thermal Subtension Reticle (TSR). These reticles scale as you zoom, and provide extreme precision.
Swift Refresh Rate of 60Hz makes Targeting Easier
You can preview your target(s) extremely clearly with the scope’s 60 Hz refresh rate, which is one of the most defining qualities of the IR HUNTER. It is worth noting that only a handful of riflescopes in the industry are capable of providing a 60 Hz frame refresh rate. Besides allowing you see targets very clearly, the fast refresh rate of 60 Hz plays makes it easier for you to lead a shot on a target that is moving very swiftly. Not too many scopes give you the opportunity to do this!
Enhanced Target Recognition (ETR) makes Targeting Less Strenuous
While the average thermal scope works brilliantly in darkness, there are certain instances that prevent the thermal scope from being very effective at night. And a very good example of such instance is when your target is in front of the sky or horizon. What happens in this situation is that the image of the target is often washed out against its background (the sky or horizon), which obviously poses a great viewing challenge for you. But thanks to the IR HUNTER’s new Enhanced Target Recognition feature, the image of your target will no longer be washed out against the horizon or sky. How does the ETR do this? The ETR function does this by allowing the device to use all the thermal sensor’s gain settings on the target, thereby resulting in an enhanced and very detailed target image instead of one that is washed out.
MILSPEC Emagin OLED Micro Display Delivers Sharp Imagery
With this feature, you can now see a sharp display of images of your target than ever before. You could also view images of your target on an external screen or recording device, by connecting it via the scope’s output port. The scope’s 640×480 resolution is among the very impressive in the industry.
BAE Systems Micro IR Uncooled Vanadium Oxide Micro bolometer permits the Viewing a wide variety of targets
The scope’s uncooled vanadium oxide micro bolometer detector lens makes it possible to view a wide variety of targets; especially, hot and warm objects in complete darkness. Indeed, with the lens’ specification, there’s no need for excessive illumination for you to see at nighttime.
Corrosion-Resistant 6061-T6 Aluminum Body Makes Scope Waterproof and Shock-Resistant
With a 6061-T6-aluminum body, the scope can be used in rainy or watery areas without fear of corroding its body. This very useful feature gives the IR HUNTER the ability to survive being submerged into up to 3 inches of water for about fifteen minutes. Simply put, the 6061-T6-aluminum body makes the scope waterproof. Furthermore, the aluminum housing also provides the scope with an excellent shock-resistant ability.
Coated Anti-Reflection Lens Improves Resolution
The IR HUNTER comes with anti-reflection lens whose primary function is to ensure unimpeded viewing. The lens is also coated to allow the transmission of infrared light. Lastly, the lens of the scope has been stabilized thermally so as to produce high-quality and high-resolution images.
Digital Focus Control
Digital Focus Control (DFC) allows you to select the optimum setting in order to best focus your picture.It will also allow you to sharpen the pictures for extreme detail.
- The device is very durable.
- It produces very crisp images.
- It comes with a shuttered eye guard.
- It features an ergonomic design which allows you to comfortably handle and operate it.
- It has a fast refresh rate of 60 Hz.
- If you are running low on battery and want to save battery power, you can easily select the 30 Hz refresh rate option.
- The riflescope can be used as stand-alone viewing equipment, just for sightseeing, or it can be clipped onto a weapon.
- It has a shock-resistant and waterproof housing made of 6061-T6 aluminum alloy.
- The IR HUNTER comes with a LaRue LT 681 Picatinny mount with quick release lever.
- The scope also comes with a soft storage case.
- The manufacturers back it up with a 3-year warranty.
- It doesn’t come with a remote control.
- It is quite expensive.
IR Defense Hunter Mark II Thermal Rifle Scope Presentation Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of IR Defense Hunter Mark II Thermal Riflescope?
A. The IR HUNTER is manufactured by IR Defense Corporation. IR Defense Corporation is one of the America’s most successful manufacturers of thermal viewing, aiming systems, and defense electronic products.
Q. Is the riflescope corrosion-resistant?
A. Yes, the riflescope’s body is made of 6061-T6 aluminum, which is corrosion-resistant.
Q. What colors can I purchase the IR Defense Hunter Mark II Thermal Riflescope in?
A. The riflescope comes in one color, Black.
Q. What are the colors of the reticle patterns of the Hunter Mark II Thermal Riflescope?
A. The scope’s reticle patterns come in red, green, and auto color.
Q. Does the riflescope come with a case?
A. Yes, it does. The riflescope comes with a tactical soft case.
Q. Does the scope come with additional batteries?
A. Yes, the riflescope comes with 2 lithium CR-123 batteries.
Q. What is the weight of the IR HUNTER?
A. It weighs approximately 2.18lbs.
Q. Does the riflescope come with a warranty?
A. Yes, it does. The scope comes with a 3-year warranty.
Q. What are the dimensions of this device?
A. The riflescope measures 7.4×3.1×2.9 inches.
Q. What’s the battery run time of the riflescope?
A. The scope’s battery run time largely depends on whether you use the 60 Hz refresh rate or the 30 Hz refresh rate. If you use 60 Hz refresh rate option, then it can last for about 3.5 hours, whereas if you use the 30 Hz refresh rate option, it will last for about 5 Hours.
Q. How long does it take for the riflescope to start-up?
A. The riflescope takes over 4 seconds to start-up.
Q. What is the scope’s eye relief?
A. It has an eye relief of 27mm.
Q. Apart from the IR HUNTER, what else is included in the package?
A. When you purchase the IR HUNTER, included in the package are the following: a soft storage case, two lithium CR-123 batteries, a shuttered eyeguard and a LaRue LT681 mount.
Having read the IR Defense Hunter Mark II Thermal Rifle Scope review above and seen this scope’s plethora of useful features such as a shock-resistant and waterproof body, an Enhanced Targeting Recognition (ETR) mode, a super fast Refresh Rate of 60 Hz and multiple rectile options among others, we guess it is now clear to you why many consider the IR HUNTER one of the most versatile and advanced thermal imaging scopes that money can buy. If you are a serious hunter looking to significantly increase your likelihood for success in the field, then the IR HUNTER is definitely worth considering.