Are you looking for an advanced equipment to help you take down your targets from a distance? If you answered yes to this question, then the Mildot Master might just be the solution to your problem.
But what is the Mildot Master? In the simplest of terms, it is technically an analog calculator that employs the principle of slide rule to aid long distance shooters achieve more accurate shots by helping them, among other things, achieve accurate range estimation, calculate bullet drop/wind drift, and determine the angle of shot – things that are extremely important when it comes to long range shooting. When used, this simple yet very effective tool can play an instrumental role in improving accuracy in long-range shots.
In order to really understand all the numerous benefits this device comes with, you should take a look at the Mildot Master review we have prepared for you below. The insightful review lists and explains the most exceptional features of the device that make it a hit among many long range shooters looking to accurately hit their targets from a distance. In addition to that, the review shall also throw some light on the pros and cons of this product and give answers to some of customers’ most frequently asked questions. We shall then round off the post with our final verdict on the product.
- 1 Mildot Master with Detail Features
- 2 Mildot Master Presentation Video
- 2.1 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 2.2 Conclusion
Mildot Master with Detail Features
Swift Range Estimations
Like was said above, when it comes to successfully hitting targets at long ranges, one of the most important things needed is to get accurate range estimations. When a shooter correctly estimates their “range to target”, then their likelihood of hitting their target at long range massively increases. Every long-range shooter knows that one of the ways to achieve success is by employing the use of the well-known ranging formulas for MOA or MIL reticles. But the problem with this is the fact that calculating them not only takes a great deal of time but can also lead to wrong results, which automatically leads to incorrect range estimations and the frustrating experience of missing your target. This is where the Mildot Master comes in very handy. With this simple device in your possession, performing range estimations in the field is not only a breeze but can also be achieved accurately within a matter of seconds.
Swift Calculation of Amount of Sight Correction
The Mildot Master gives you the opportunity to swiftly and easily calculate the accurate amount of sight correction needed for the compensation for these two relevant things or either of them: the bullet drop and wind drift for a particular or specific range. This allows you to easily know the correct hold-over (mils) or the scope adjustment (MOA) in order to increase your likelihood of hitting your target.
Accurate Measurement of Angle of fire for Uphill/Downhill Shots
When using a device like an electronic calculator, you often need to worry about inaccurately measuring the angle of fire for either downhill or uphill shots, but with the Mildot Master, you don’t ever need to worry about this. With this simple device in your possession, you can easily measure up to about 60 degrees of the angle of your shot either above the horizontal or below it.
You can also calculate the up or down compensation in order to significantly reduce the errors that often accompany uphill/downhill shooting.
Solves Problems of Electronic Calculator
Using the Mildot Master has so many merits over using an electronic calculator. Here are some of the most common advantages this device has over the traditional electronic calculator:
- Since this device ensures that the Target Size Scale is purely in increments of inches and feet, there is no need to waste precious time converting the estimated target size from inches into decimal equivalent of yards. However, with an electronic calculator, you’d be forced to go through the trouble of doing the conversion.
- You don’t have to bother trying to memorize formulae since the right formulae are integrated into the scales.
- Since the Mildot Master is analog, there is no need to waste your time entering any data.
- You don’t need to perform any difficult calculations to determine the hold-over or scope adjustment since the scales of the Mildot Master will aid you in converting the figures for wind drift and bullet drop straight into mils and MOA.
- You don’t need batteries to operate this device.
- Since it is not an electronic device and it is waterproof, you can use it in any weather condition.
The Mildot Master is made of durable, flexible plastic so you don’t have to worry about it falling apart. The durable construction allows it to withstand all manners of abuse it is subjected to in the field.>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon! <<<
- The Mildot Master makes ranging targets very swift and easy.
- It is pretty compact and can be easily taken along with you wherever you go.
- It is affordable.
- It is lightweight and waterproof.
- It has a very sturdy construction.
- It is an effective tool in improving accuracy in long range shooting.
- It doesn’t require battery or any electronic power source to operate it.
- It comes with a clear and concise manual.
- It is very easy to use.
- The size of the font on the device is pretty small, and that makes it quite challenging for the writings on it to be read – especially in low lighting conditions. This is even worse for people having problems with their eyesight.
Mildot Master Presentation Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Mildot Master?
A. It is manufactured by Mildot Enterprises – an American business founded by Bruce Robinson.
Q. How does this device work?
A. It works by estimating range, calculating bullet drop, and determining the angle of fire so that you can increase your chances of hitting your long range targets. It works almost the same way a slide rule does.
Q. Can I use this device with my scope which has an MOA reticle?
A. Yes, you can. It also works with a mil scope.
Q. Does this device come with a manual on how to use it?
A. Yes. It comes with detailed instructions on how to use it does.
Q. Where is it made?
A. The Mildot Master is made in the United States.
In this age and time, many might be tempted to brush off the Mildot Master as “old school”. Well, there is no doubt it is old school, but when you consider its great functionality, ability to get the job done, and its friendly price, we think it’s not a bad idea adding the Mildot Master to your range or hunting bag. With this little device in your possession, you can make those long range shots easy and more accurate without the aid of all those expensive electronic devices out there.
For a few other great riflescopes, read our Top Rifle Scopes Review with Buying Guide.