The theft of hunting gear and equipment is one of the biggest challenges that many hunters have to deal with every hunting season. As a hunter, you can prevent the theft of your valuables such as tree stands, game and trail cameras, etc by making it very difficult or even impossible for them to be stolen with the aid of a good and very strong cable lock. Today, there are a number of effective locks to keep your tree stands, camera trails, and other gear safe. And one such lock is the Master Lock 8418KADCAM-TMB Python Adjustable Locking Cable, Braided Steel from security giants Master Lock. In this Master Lock 8418KADCAM-TMB Python Adjustable Locking Cable, Braided Steel, Camo Colored, 6-Feet x 5/16-inch review, we shall take our time to explain to you why many hunters consider this lock to be the most effective solution to tree stand and other hunting equipment thefts.
- 1 Master Lock Adjustable Locking Cable, Braided Steel, Camo Colored, 6-Feet x 5/16-inch with Detail Features
- 1.1 Highly Adjustable Locking Mechanism
- 1.2 Pick Resistant Lock
- 1.3 Scratch and Weather Resistant
- 1.4 Strong and Flexible
- 1.5 Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 1.6 PROS
- 1.7 CONS
- 1.8 Master Lock Adjustable Locking Cable, Braided Steel, Camo Colored, 6-Feet x 5/16-inch Presentation Video
- 1.9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.9.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of this locking cable?
- 1.9.2 Q. What colors can I get the lock in?
- 1.9.3 Q. How long is the lock’s cable?
- 1.9.4 Q. What is the diameter of the cable of this lock?
- 1.9.5 Q. Can bolt cutters cut through this lock?
- 1.9.6 Q. Does the lock use a combination or a key?
- 1.9.7 Q. If I order more than 1 of this lock, would they be keyed the same?
- 1.9.8 Q. Apart from using this to lock up my tree stands, what other things can I protect this lock with?
- 1.9.9 Q. I have unfortunately misplaced the keys that my lock came with. What do I do now?
- 1.9.10 Q. Is this lock weatherproof?
- 1.9.11 Q. Do the manufacturers of the lock protect it with a warranty?
- 1.10 Final Verdict
Master Lock Adjustable Locking Cable, Braided Steel, Camo Colored, 6-Feet x 5/16-inch with Detail Features
Highly Adjustable Locking Mechanism
The Python cable is engineered with a patented locking mechanism that is easily adjustable and can hold the cable very tight regardless of the position. The easily adjustable nature of the unit gives you the freedom to pull the cable through its locking mechanism to any length and position between 6 inches and 6 feet to secure your precious asset – whether a tree stand, a toolbox, or a trail camera.
Pick Resistant Lock
When you find a lock that is pick resistant, you have found a good thing. Unlike many of its counterparts on the market that can be easily picked, the Python cable is engineered with a pin tumbler locking mechanism that makes it very difficult (if not impossible) for the lock to be picked by someone with negative intentions. The end result is that your tree stand or other valuable remains safe.
Scratch and Weather Resistant
Many locks on the market battle with issues of rust and scratch, but not the Python cable. The cable of the unit has a generous amount of vinyl coating on it. This coating, coupled with the rust resistant lock, gives the unit its excellent scratch and weather resisting ability. Owing to the vinyl coating, you don’t ever have to worry about the cable scratching your equipment when using it to protect it.
Strong and Flexible
The Master Lock Python is renowned for its flexibility and strength. These vital features are made possible by a number of things that the unit is engineered with, most notably its 8mm or 5/16in diameter braided steel.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
It is a fact that not too many locks on the market come supported with a warranty, let alone a lifetime warranty. The impressive Limited Lifetime Warranty that the Python cable comes with is another outstanding thing about it that separates it from most of its counterparts. With this warranty, your peace of mind is always guaranteed.
- The Master Lock Python does a good job protecting your tree stand and other valuables against theft.
- It is very easy to use.
- It is durable and flexible.
- It is both scratch and weather resistant.
- It is engineered with a Velcro strap whose primary function is to hold any excess cable in one place to allow for compact and neat storage.
- The lock comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- You can purchase it in multiple colors and sizes.
- Some customers have complained of experiencing challenges with unlocking the unit.
- The keys of the lock are a bit too small and not very sturdy.
Master Lock Adjustable Locking Cable, Braided Steel, Camo Colored, 6-Feet x 5/16-inch Presentation Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of this locking cable?
A. The device is manufactured by Master Lock LLC – an American company that has been manufacturing combination locks, padlocks and several other security devices since 1921.
Q. What colors can I get the lock in?
A. You can purchase the Master Lock Python in multiple colors, including camouflage, black, black and silver, and black and yellow.
Q. How long is the lock’s cable?
A. The adjustable locking cable is approximately 1.8m or 6ft long.
Q. What is the diameter of the cable of this lock?
A. 8mm or 5/16in.
Q. Can bolt cutters cut through this lock?
A. While the average cutters might not be able to cut through the cable because it is very strongly built, a person wielding a bolt cutter and a strong determination to steal your item might just succeed in cutting through it.
Q. Does the lock use a combination or a key?
A. It uses a key.
Q. If I order more than 1 of this lock, would they be keyed the same?
A. No. Each lock will come with a different key.
Q. Apart from using this to lock up my tree stands, what other things can I protect this lock with?
A. Aside your tree stand, you can also use the Master Lock Python to protect grills, ladders, lawnmowers, trail cameras, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), bicycles, toolboxes etc. The list is almost endless.
Q. I have unfortunately misplaced the keys that my lock came with. What do I do now?
A. You can get replacement keys from the manufacturer or a locksmith/hardware store with the key number or code that can be found on the original packaging of the unit. If you didn’t record the key number and have thrown away the original packaging of the unit, then you cannot get replacement keys.
Q. Is this lock weatherproof?
A. Thanks to the fact that the lock is rust resistant and the cable is coated with vinyl, you don’t need to worry about the weather damaging it.
Q. Do the manufacturers of the lock protect it with a warranty?
A. Yes, they do. The lock is backed by a limited lifetime warranty, so you can have peace of mind when using it.
Equipped with outstanding features such as a pick resistant locking mechanism, a user friendly Velcro strap that holds the cable in place all the time, an easily adjustable locking mechanism, a durable construction, and others, the Master Lock Python has over the years become one of the most sought after locking devices in the hunting world. Why fall victim to hunting gear theft when a simple yet very effective lock like this exists?! And what’s more, Master Lock supports this lock with an excellent limited lifetime warranty because they trust the quality and effectiveness of the lock. If you want to prevent your personal belongings such as tree stands, lawnmowers, ATVs, tools, ladders, etc from being stolen, then this lock might just be the security solution you have been looking for.