In shooting sports, hunting, law enforcement, and security and surveillance activities, a shooter is only as effective as his sight permits. Let’s face it; you cannot shoot what you don’t see. This is why Firefield has introduced the FF16001 Generation 1 Night Vision Riflescope, which provides unparalleled vision during the day as well as in the night. In this Firefield FF16001 Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope review, we are going to show you the product’s many features, and try to answer some of the very pressing questions that buyers frequently ask. We hope that you will find this review very helpful.
- 1 Firefield FF16001 Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope with Detail Features
- 1.1 3x Magnification
- 1.2 Robust Design Ensures Durability
- 1.3 In-built IR Illuminator Enhances Vision
- 1.4 Lightweight Body
- 1.5 Illuminated Red Duplex Reticles Enhance Precision
- 1.6 Rubber-winged Eye Cup Precludes Excessive Spill-over of Light
- 1.7 Quick Detach Weaver Mount
- 1.8 Multi-coated Optics Prevents Unwanted Reflection of Light
- 1.9 PROS
- 1.10 CONS
- 1.11 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.11.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of Firefield FF16001 Night Vision Riflescope?
- 1.11.2 Q. Is the riflescope corrosion-resistant?
- 1.11.3 Q. Is the Firefield water-resistant?
- 1.11.4 Q. What colors can I purchase the Firefield FF16001 Night Vision Riflescope in?
- 1.11.5 Q. Are the reticles of the riflescope illuminable?
- 1.11.6 Q. Does the scope come with a carrying case?
- 1.11.7 Q. How many batteries does the Firefield operate on?
- 1.11.8 Q. What is the weight of the riflescope?
- 1.11.9 Q. Does the riflescope come with a warranty?
- 1.11.10 Q. Is the riflescope shock-resistant?
- 1.11.11 Q. What are the dimensions of the riflescope?
- 1.11.12 Q. Does the riflescope come with a weaver mount?
- 1.11.13 Q. Does it take a long period of time for the riflescope to start up?
- 1.12 Final Verdict
Firefield FF16001 Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope with Detail Features
With an impressive 3x magnification, the Firefield is considered to have one of the most powerful magnifications in its price range. This feature, which is one of the most useful features of the Firefield, gives you the opportunity to hit your long-range targets without a lot of strain.
Robust Design Ensures Durability
You can operate in unfamiliar terrains without fear of damaging the scope because its titanium housing and rugged design are able to withstand daily abuse and massive shocks from falls. In addition to the rock-solid housing, the flip-up lens covers also contribute to the scope’s durability by shielding it from impact as well as extremely harsh weather conditions.
In-built IR Illuminator Enhances Vision
With its in-built IR Illuminator, you can operate in extreme darkness. The illuminator provides light, which the human eye needs extraordinarily more of, to be able to see clearly at night. The Firefield’s powerful built-in IR illuminator not only improves the details of the image but also significantly enhances the viewing range in darkness. It’s therefore not surprising that many hunters who hunt at night, in particular, can’t seem to have enough of this scope!
Another major advantage of the Firefield in comparison to similar riflescopes on the market is its very light nature, which allows you to handle and mount it with minimal difficulty. The lightweight construction of the scope also contributes in no small way in enhancing its portability.
Illuminated Red Duplex Reticles Enhance Precision
The Firefield’s duplex style reticles, which consist of two perpendicular lines that are thick towards the edges and thin towards the center, allow you to aim at your target rather quickly. In dark environments, the reticles are illuminated in red color to ensure precision. Another important thing worth mentioning is the fact that you can easily adjust the brightness level of the reticles to suit your needs.
Rubber-winged Eye Cup Precludes Excessive Spill-over of Light
With the Firefield’s rubber-winged eye cup, your safety is assured because you won’t experience a spill-over of light from the back of the lens, which has the tendency of giving away your location to your target. Lastly, if you are a hunter, the anti-spill-over function of the rubber-winged eyecup plays a very instrumental role in increasing your likelihood of making a kill since it prevents you from ‘advertising’ yourself to game and scaring away your potential catch.
Quick Detach Weaver Mount
The Firefield’s very useful Quick Detach Weaver Mount system not only allows one to easily switch to iron sights but also to change optics while still maintaining return-to-zero reliability.
Multi-coated Optics Prevents Unwanted Reflection of Light
With the Firefield’s multicoated lens, you can view with minimal distractions from unwanted reflections. You need as much light to see clearly, and it’s the job of the multi-coated lens to that.>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon <<<
- The Firefield has a high 3x magnification for detailed viewing.
- It is very durable and light at the same time.
- It comes with a flip-up lens cover to protect the lens from impact, scratches and harsh weather conditions.
- It comes with a portable carrying case.
- It comes with a cleaning cloth.
- The Firefield has an ergonomic design.
- The scope comes with a quick detach weaver mount.
- It has user-friendly controls.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- The Firefield doesn’t come with a remote control.
- Unlike some other scopes, the Firefield doesn’t come with belts or straps to tie around the hands.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of Firefield FF16001 Night Vision Riflescope?
A. The FF16001 Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope is manufactured by Firefield, a US-based producer of optics and shooting accessories. Some of the company’s other products include: binoculars, flashlights, rifle bags, monoculars, and magnifiers.
Q. Is the riflescope corrosion-resistant?
A. Yes, the scope’s body is made of titanium, which is corrosion-resistant
Q. Is the Firefield water-resistant?
A. Yes, the scope is water resistant.
Q. What colors can I purchase the Firefield FF16001 Night Vision Riflescope in?
A. The Firefield comes in only one color, Black.
Q. Are the reticles of the riflescope illuminable?
A. Yes, the reticles of the scope can be illuminated to improve precision.
Q. Does the scope come with a carrying case?
A. Yes, the Firefield comes with a black carrying case, which makes carrying it very convenient.
Q. How many batteries does the Firefield operate on?
A. The scope operates on two AA batteries.
Q. What is the weight of the riflescope?
A. The scope has a weight of 1.8lbs.
Q. Does the riflescope come with a warranty?
A. The Firefield comes with a limited 3-year warranty, which is extended to 5 years with registration.
Q. Is the riflescope shock-resistant?
A. Yes, the scope is housed in titanium, which is durable and shock-resistant.
Q. What are the dimensions of the riflescope?
A. The sight measures 9×3.2×3.4 inches.
Q. Does the riflescope come with a weaver mount?
A. Yes, the scope has a quick detach weaver mount.
Q. Does it take a long period of time for the riflescope to start up?
A. No, the Firefield has a pretty quick start-up time.
Now that you’ve read the Firefield FF16001 Generation 1 Night Vision Riflescope review, we hope that you can appreciate the scope’s numerous technological features such as its inbuilt IR illuminator, rubber-winged eyecup, illuminated duplex reticles, 3x Magnification and high quality resolution and image among several very useful attributes. If you are a hunter looking for a riflescope that is not only highly durable and lightweight but also very effective in allowing you to aim and hit long-range targets with great ease, then the Firefield FF16001 Riflescope is definitely worth considering.