There is absolutely no substitute for a high quality and reliable hunting knife, which is why in this post we are going to introduce to readers one of the most popular and high quality hunting knife on the market. Enter the Buck 192BR Vanguard, Fixed Blade Knife. In the Buck 192BR Vanguard, Fixed Blade Knife review below, we shall take a look at some of the prominent features of the knife that make it one of the most outstanding and capable hunting knives on the market. At the end of the review, you’ll be armed with sufficient information to decide for yourself whether the 192BR Vanguard fits the bill or not.
- 1 Buck 192BR Vanguard, Fixed Blade Knife with Detail Features
- 1.1 Sharpness
- 1.2 Good Edge Retention Ability
- 1.3 420HC Steeled Blade
- 1.4 Full Belly Drop Point Blade
- 1.5 PROS
- 1.6 CONS
- 1.7 Buck 192BR Vanguard, Fixed Blade Knife Presentation Video
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.8.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of the 192BR Vanguard, Fixed Blade Knife?
- 1.8.2 Q. Does the knife come with a warranty?
- 1.8.3 Q. Is the 192BR Vanguard a folding knife?
- 1.8.4 Q. Where is the 192BR Vanguard made?
- 1.8.5 Q. What is the length of the of knife’s blade?
- 1.8.6 Q. What is the 192BR Vanguard’s total length?
- 1.8.7 Q. What is the weight of the 192BR Vanguard?
- 1.8.8 Q. What is the 192BR Vanguard’s carry system?
- 1.8.9 Q. What material is used for the knife’s blade?
- 1.8.10 Q. What material is the handle made of?
- 1.8.11 Q. Will Buck Knives sharpen the knife for me when it becomes dull or blunt?
- 1.8.12 Q. How do I take care of the 192BR Vanguard?
- 1.8.13 Q. Apart from dressing and skinning game, can I use the knife for other cutting tasks?
- 1.9 Final Verdict
Buck 192BR Vanguard, Fixed Blade Knife with Detail Features
We all know how important the sharpness of a knife is. A hunting knife that isn’t sharp or isn’t capable of holding an edge for reasonable periods of time is almost next to useless. Thankfully the 192BR Vanguard has a sharpness that makes it capable of efficiently performing many cutting tasks ranging from light to heavy duty. For example, the 192BR Vanguard is so sharp right out of the box that it can skin and debone a large animal without any problem.
Good Edge Retention Ability
Many hunting knives become dull after using them for minor cutting tasks but not the 192BR Vanguard! One of the most admirable features of this knife is its excellent edge retention capability. Even after using it for rigorous and heavy duty cutting tasks such as field dressing and skinning a large animal, the 192BR Vanguard still has the ability to retain a keen edge.
420HC Steeled Blade
Another highlight of the 192BR Vanguard is its 420HC stainless steel blade. The 420HC steel the manufactures used in making the knife’s 4 ¼-inch blade makes the blade very tough and reliable. The 420HC steel is also responsible for giving the 192BR Vanguard its excellent corrosion-resistant ability.
Full Belly Drop Point Blade
One of the most notable features of the 192BR Vanguard is its full-bellied drop point blade. The large belly area of the blade makes it very good for slicing whereas the top of the blade that drops down excellently towards the blade’s tip significantly reduces the risk of accidentally nicking or puncturing the animal’s internal organs while skinning it. These things come together to make the 192BR Vanguard one of the most efficient field dressing knives out there.
- The 192BR Vanguard is a very high quality knife.
- It comes ready to use thanks to the fact that it is razor sharp right out of its box.
- It is very beautiful.
- It has a very comfortable feel and balance.
- It comes with a very quality and nice-looking leather sheath.
- It is easily controllable and relatively light.
- The leather sheath that the knife comes with holds the knife very securely.
- The knife is very easy to clean.
- It is good for the money.
- It is very efficient in performing heavy cutting tasks such as dressing out and skinning big game.
- The 192BR Vanguard has the ability to hold its edge for a very long time.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Being a drop point knife, it is not very good for piercing.
Buck 192BR Vanguard, Fixed Blade Knife Presentation Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of the 192BR Vanguard, Fixed Blade Knife?
A. The knife is manufactured by the award winning American knife manufacturing company Buck Knives who have been manufacturing high quality sport and field knives for over a century.
Q. Does the knife come with a warranty?
A. Yes it does! When you purchase the knife, you get to enjoy Buck Knives’ famous Forever Lifetime Warranty. With this warranty, throughout the lifespan of the knife, Buck Knives is obliged to replace or repair the knife for you if it develops a manufacturing-related problem.
Q. Is the 192BR Vanguard a folding knife?
A. No it isn’t. It is a fixed blade knife.
Q. Where is the 192BR Vanguard made?
A. It is made in the United States.
Q. What is the length of the of knife’s blade?
A. The knife has a blade length of 4 1/4 inches (10.8 cm.).
Q. What is the 192BR Vanguard’s total length?
A. The overall length of the knife is 8-1/2 inches.
Q. What is the weight of the 192BR Vanguard?
A. It weighs approximately 179.4 g (6.3 oz.).
Q. What is the 192BR Vanguard’s carry system?
A. The 192BR Vanguard’s carry system is a leather sheath.
Q. What material is used for the knife’s blade?
A. The blade of the 192BR Vanguard is made of 420HC stainless steel.
Q. What material is the handle made of?
A. The handle of the knife is made of heritage walnut dymondwood or rubber.
Q. Will Buck Knives sharpen the knife for me when it becomes dull or blunt?
A. Yes! Buck Knives offers its customers excellent sharpening services. However, the service isn’t free.
Q. How do I take care of the 192BR Vanguard?
A. There are a number of important things you can do to take good care of your knife. For example, it is not recommended that you use the 192BR Vanguard as a replacement for tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, etc since the manufacturers designed the knife to be used solely for cutting. Using the knife for such heavy duty tasks can easily reduce its lifespan. You should also follow the care instructions below if you want to make the 192BR Vanguard to last longer and perform efficiently all the time:
- Make sure the 192BR Vanguard is kept dry all the time – especially the blade.
- Clean the knife regularly.
- Regularly oil or lubricate the 192BR Vanguard. In oiling the 192BR Vanguard, you can use Wax Lubricant, which is highly recommended by Buck Knives. The Wax Lubricant protects the 192BR Vanguard from a number of damaging things such as surface oxidation and corrosion. The more you oil the 192BR Vanguard, the more you reduce its likelihood of becoming rusty.
- The 192BR Vanguard should always be stored in a dry place.
The above are some of the best things you can do to make the 192BR Vanguard last longer and perform at its peak.
Q. Apart from dressing and skinning game, can I use the knife for other cutting tasks?
A. Yes you can. Besides being excellent for dressing game, the 192BR Vanguard can also be used for a number of everyday cutting tasks.
As you have clearly seen from the review above, the Buck 192BR Vanguard, Fixed Blade Knife is a good tool for field work as well as big game hunters. If you are venturing into the hunting world or are in the market looking for a good hunting knife, the 192BR Vanguard, with its outstanding features, could easily be the ideal hunting knife for you.
For a few other great hunting Backpacks , read the Top Hunting Knives Reviews with Buying Guide.