You would certainly not want to purchase any air rifle from a company with a poor reputation. For the ultimate experience, it is best to go for something made by a reputable firm that stands behind their products. The company should be well known for making high quality products. Crosman is a widely recognized and respectable manufacturer. By merely purchasing from Crosman, you can rest assured that the product is of high quality as they will definitely stand behind it.
If you’re one of the many people seeking a new air rifle, chances are you’ve already heard about the original Nitro Piston by Crosman. Below is a Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston 2 Review, which looks at the details and product pros and cons. It gives a detailed outline of everything you need to know about this item, determining whether it’s worth considering or not when purchasing an air gun.
Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston 2 Review with Detail Features
The Benjamin Trail NP2 is basically an improvement over the original Nitro Piston. It is a .22 caliber pellet rifle with a steel precision rifled barrel, a new and improved 2-stage clean-break trigger and integrated noise suppression. However, these are not just minor improvements, but rather significant changes.
The Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston 2 is an extremely pleasant firearm, given that it’s break-barreled. It also comes with a steel barrel. Besides the synthetic stock that has a sleek silky finish, the all-in-ash colored look is appealing, making it a desirable firearm.
Integral Sound Suppression System
This is considerably one of the biggest notable improvements made on this break-barrel single shot air rifle. However, the rifle isn’t completely silent. All air rifles always make some noise as the BB or pellet leaves the barrel, no matter how big or small the rifle is. Something worth noting is how the sound coming from the Nitro Piston becomes quieter, especially when compared to the original NP2 and most other guns. An amazing job has definitely been done by Crosman in enhancing the effectiveness of the suppression system.
If you’ve ever shot any gas piston air rifle, you’ve probably had an experience similar to that of most people- how hard it is to cock. The harder a rifle is to cock, the harder it is to use. Tom Gaylord, an expert air-gun writer, remarks that the Nitro Piston 2 to be the easiest air rifle to cock on the market today.
The .22-inch caliber air rifle is quite easy to cock, with the trigger having been appropriately improved. On taking the NP2 out of the box and shooting it for the first time, you might think that the trigger had been tuned already, even if it is a mere dry fire. The trigger, seemingly designed for professionals, breaks clean and crisp right out of the box. It has a comparatively lighter pull than most others. You’re assured of not even breaking a sweat when trying to fire this rifle.
How powerful your rifle should be depends on what you plan to do with it, as well as how experienced you are. For instance, if you’re just a beginner you wouldn’t want the most powerful rifle out there. You’d want one that has a little less kick.
The NP2 Air Rifle is powerful enough for use in small game hunting and pest control as well. Some shooters find it perfect for target shooting. It has a 1200 fps maximum velocity, which is only achieved with alloy pellets. It averages 950 fps if you use lead pellets. In either case, the rifle is powerful enough to get any job done.
You would certainly go for something that will hit the target almost every time when selecting an air rifle. Unless you’re truly a bad shooter, you should hit your target the majority of the time, whether using lead or alloy pellets. The Benjamin Trail NP2 comes with a Center-Point Optics 3-9 * 32 scope. You can mount this scope on the optics rails to enhance accuracy when using this rifle. With the 2-stage adjustable trigger, a break-barrel engineered stock and the rifle scope, you can easily shoot up to 100 yards.
- Great Value- The price of a particular air rifle is surely worth considering, because you want to get good quality for your money. It is best to choose something you’re sure will give you suitable value for the money you pay. You can’t beat this deal if you look at the NP2, what it has to offer and the pricing.
- Synthetic Thumbhole Stock- the NP2 comes with an Ambidextrous Real-Tree Xtra Camo-Synthetic Thumbhole stock. This makes it a great choice for any shooter. The smoother cocking and shooting of this rifle makes it one of the best in the market.
- Durability- This rifle is very durable, because its steel-barrel mechanism makes it suitably long-lasting. It has been manufactured from top notch materials and all its parts are durable.
- Reliability- When taking reliability into consideration, there are numerous factors you must consider in terms of air rifles. Most people seek an air rifle that allows for easy shooting and can fire every time. You obviously don’t want a rifle that you’ll be struggling with every time you shoot. The improvements implemented in the NP2 are what actually make this air rifle much more reliable.
- Nuisance Control- The Integrated Sound Suppression feature makes it ideal for amusement, pest control, target shooting and hunting. It is very silent, hence enhancing your hunting experience.
- Appealing Design and Safety- The rifle boasts a sturdy build quality and an elegant finish. All these add up to give it an appealing look. Having a 2-stage trigger, the manual safety makes it easier to keep on even when children are around. It drastically reduces the chances of accidents occurring.
- Some users have reported small glitches with the scope which comes with this rifle.
- The gun is a little bit heavier than most other air rifles, making it hard to carry while on long hunting trips.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How heavy is this air rifle?
A: The product, as a whole, weighs 9.00 lbs.
Q: Does it come with a sling?
A: This air rifle doesn’t come with a sling. However, rifle slings are quite cheap and easily available.
Q: How much cocking effort is needed?
A: The Nitro Piston 2 cocks with 28-30 lbs. of effort, which is a little bit heavy. However, you get smoother cocking and thus a better performance.
You’ll be amazed when you take a look at everything this American-made gun has to offer. Crosman has worked hard to improve the already great Benjamin-Trail Nitro Piston, and the implemented improvements have actually paid off. The gun is highly recommended by most professional shooters, having been precisely designed for hunting and shooting. This Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston 2 rifle has it all: accuracy, looks, quieter sound and power. With that in mind, it is certainly a model worth considering and trying. Overall, it’s a best buy for the sturdiness, power and accuracy it provides.
Check out the Top Five Hunting Rifle Reviews with Buying Guide.