When it comes to boots, all every serious outdoor enthusiast such as hikers, backpackers, and hunters need are boots that are not only dependable but also comfortable enough to walk in for miles upon miles through the most rugged terrain and brutal weather without experiencing boot failure. And that is exactly what you get with these sturdy leather Mountain Boots from Kenetrek. It is therefore no wonder these boots are considered one of the most useful boots you can wear when traveling through rugged terrain. But to really understand and appreciate all the benefits that come with owning these boots, you should take a look at the Kenetrek Men’s Mountain Extreme Ni Hunting Boot review below.
- 1 Kenetrek Men’s Mountain Extreme Ni Hunting Boot with Detail Features
- 1.1 Lightweight Construction
- 1.2 K-Talon Outsoles Provide High Traction
- 1.3 Waterproof Construction
- 1.4 Non-Insulated Interior
- 1.5 PROS
- 1.6 CONS
- 1.7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.7.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Mountain Boots?
- 1.7.2 Q. Where are these boots made?
- 1.7.3 Q. How much do the Mountain Boots weigh?
- 1.7.4 Q. Are they waterproof?
- 1.7.5 Q. What is the meaning of NI?
- 1.7.6 Q. How long would these Mountain Boots last?
- 1.7.7 Q. Do these boots come with a warranty?
- 1.7.8 Q. Is it true that Kenetrek can rebuild my boots for me after their outsoles wear out completely?
- 1.7.9 Q. How long do these boots take to break in?
- 1.8 Final Verdict
Kenetrek Men’s Mountain Extreme Ni Hunting Boot with Detail Features
Despite being very sturdy and durable, these boots are extremely light in weight. As a matter of fact, they are so light on your feet that you can walk in them for miles and miles without your feet and legs becoming easily fatigued. Some customers even claim that the boots are so light that sometimes they forget they are even wearing them. Considering the incredible light nature of these boots, we guess we can take their word for it!
K-Talon Outsoles Provide High Traction
The impressive K-Talon outsoles that the Mountain Boots incorporate, which are by the way one of their most outstanding features, are renowned for the excellent traction they provide. These outsoles bite multi directionally into all types of terrains, from snow covered ground and rocks to muddy ground. As a result of this excellent traction, slipping will not be much of an issue when you find yourself on slippery surfaces. In addition offering excellent traction, these K-talon outsoles are also lightweight, and therefore do not add significant weight to the boots.
One of the most uncomfortable things to experience while hiking in the wild is wet feet. Knowing this, the manufacturers of the Mountain Boots build them with Waterproof, breathable Windtex membrane that prevents any form of moisture from making its way into the boots in order to keep your feet dry all the time. The manufacturers further enhance the waterproofness of the boots by incorporating into them 2.8mm thick premium full grain leather uppers which are devoid of seems down the tongue. As a result of the excellent waterproof nature of these boots, they are perfect for walking around in wet weather and environment.
Some of the biggest problems with insulated boots include being too bulky and causing your feet to overheat and perspire in warm weather. Fortunately for us, these Mountain Boots don’t behave that way since they are non-insulated. This simply means you can spend long periods of time outside in warm temperatures without worrying about experiencing sweaty feet.
- These Mountain Boots are very sturdy and lightweight.
- They come with deep lugs that allow for very good traction regardless of the terrain you find yourself traversing.
- They are made of pure leather.
- They are completely waterproof and will always keep your feet dry.
- They feature 7mm nylon midsoles that offer support when walking through harsh terrain with heavy loads.
- The boots’ reinforced rubber soles, along with the 2.8mm thick full grain leather uppers, make them abrasion resistant.
- The boots are very quiet and very comfortable right out of the box.
- They are supported with warranty.
- These Mountain Boots come at a very steep price.
- Since the boots don’t come with thinsulate insulation, you will experience challenges keeping your feet warm when the mercury drops.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of the Mountain Boots?
A. The boots are manufactured by the American based company Kenetrek, LLC, who have over the past decade made a name for themselves designing and producing some of the most durable and comfortable boots for outdoor enthusiasts.
Q. Where are these boots made?
A. The Mountain Boots are proudly made in Italy.
Q. How much do the Mountain Boots weigh?
A. The boots have an approximate weight of 3.9lbs per pair.
Q. Are they waterproof?
A. Yes, they are. The boots get their waterproof nature from the waterproof, breathable Windtex material used in manufacturing them. Additionally, you can further enhance the water repellency of the boot by treating the leather uppers with a good wax based waterproofing such as the renowned Kenetrek Boot Wax, which also protects the leather.
Q. What is the meaning of NI?
A. It simply means Non-insulated.
Q. How long would these Mountain Boots last?
A. How long the Kenetrek Mountain Boots would last varies from individual to individual plus a combination of several other factors. But all the same, be rest assured that these boots are so durable they can last you for a very long time.
Q. Do these boots come with a warranty?
A. Yes, they do. Kenetrek warranties the boots to be free from all manners of manufacturing defects until the outsole of the boots are 75% worn out. Kenetrek also supports the waterproofness of the boots with a 12-month warranty.
Q. Is it true that Kenetrek can rebuild my boots for me after their outsoles wear out completely?
A. Yes, it is totally true! When the outsoles of your boots are very worn, you can send them to Kenetrek for the company to rebuild them for you at a cost that is significantly less than the price of buying a brand new pair of boots from Kenetrek.
Q. How long do these boots take to break in?
A. The Mountain Boots often takes a few dozen miles of normal walking in them to break in. 50 miles, give or take.
The Kenetrek Men’s Mountain Extreme Ni Hunting Boot review above shows tons of amazing features that these boots have to offer outdoor enthusiasts that are hard to find in similar boots on the market. If you are venturing into major outdoor adventures such as hunting, backpacking, hiking, etc, these Mountain Boots will suit you much better than several other boots on the market. You should know that having a pair of dependable and comfortable boots such as the Mountain Boots can make your hikes through all manners of aggressive terrain and weather simpler and more enjoyable.