Many hardcore outdoor enthusiasts consider the Lowa Men’s Hunter Goretex EVO Extreme Hiking Boot one of the most useful and well-engineered mountain boots money can buy. These boots are equipped with tons of thoughtful features that make them very dependable and supportive boots for big game hunters who regularly travel through harsh and aggressive terrains. Some of these very useful features the Hunter proudly comes with include a Nubuck leather upper, a waterproof and seamless GORE-TEX® lining that comes with 200g of Primaloft® insulation, synthetic sole, the patent pending Tongue Stud, and C4 Tongue, among several others. The Lowa Men’s Hunter Goretex EVO Extreme Hiking Boot review below will shed some more light on the above-mentioned features of the boots, the pros and cons of owning these boots as well as sample customer FAQs.
- 1 Lowa Men’s Hunter Goretex EVO Extreme Hiking Boot with Detail Features
- 1.1 High-quality Leather Enhances Durability
- 1.2 Gore-Tex Lining and Nubuck Leather Provide Waterproof Quality
- 1.3 High Wall Rubber Rand for Protection
- 1.4 Synthetic (Rubber) Soles
- 1.5 C4 Tongue for Comfort
- 1.6 Vibram® Masai Tec for Excellent Traction
- 1.7 PROS
- 1.8 CONS
- 1.9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.9.1 Q. Who are the manufacturers of these boots?
- 1.9.2 Q. How many colors can I get these boots in?
- 1.9.3 Q. What kind of leather is used in manufacturing the upper of these boots?
- 1.9.4 Q. Where is the Hunter manufactured?
- 1.9.5 Q. How much does the Hunter weigh?
- 1.9.6 Q. What is the measurement of the Hunter’s heel?
- 1.9.7 Q. What is the height of the shaft?
- 1.9.8 Q. How tall is the Hunter?
- 1.9.9 Q. How many grams of thinsulate does the Hunter have?
- 1.9.10 Q. What is the difference between the Lowa Hunter Evo Extreme and the Tibet GTX?
- 1.9.11 Q. Does the Hunter come supported with a warranty?
- 1.10 Final Verdict
Lowa Men’s Hunter Goretex EVO Extreme Hiking Boot with Detail Features
High-quality Leather Enhances Durability
We all know how important leather is in manufacturing footwear, and that is why LOWA uses very high-quality leather in producing these boots. As a result of this, the boots are highly durable, abrasion resistant, and to some degree elastic. Furthermore, the tanning process that the manufacturers make the leather undergo makes it water repellent to a certain degree.
Gore-Tex Lining and Nubuck Leather Provide Waterproof Quality
The Hunter is totally waterproof, and will therefore keep your feet dry in wet environments. What gives the Hunter its waterproof quality? Two things: the patented waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX fabric lining and the premium Nubuck leather.
High Wall Rubber Rand for Protection
One of the neat features of the Hunter is the excellent rubber protective edging (also known as “rand”) that it comes with. This rubber rand, which is basically a rubber strip that is placed around the boots, performs one primary function which is to protect the boots against moisture and abrasion, thereby further enhancing the boot’s durability.
Synthetic (Rubber) Soles
LOWA uses rubber (synthetic) soles for almost all their footwear, and the Hunter is no exception. The synthetic soles come with a number of advantages such as further enhancing the waterproofness of the Hunter, giving it a high traction, enhancing the wearer’s comfort by absorbing foot strike impacts much better, etc.
C4 Tongue for Comfort
The Hunter features LOWA’s exclusive anatomically-contoured tongue which cradles your feet in such a comfortable manner that it makes walking in the boots very enjoyable. Additionally, this very useful feature further enhances your comfort by allowing for a very swift break-in-time.
Vibram® Masai Tec for Excellent Traction
For the best grip, the manufacturers of the Hunter engineer it with Vibram® Masai Tec which allows the boot to have an excellent grip on all manners of surfaces. The large lugs that the VIBRAM® sole comes with gives the boot excellent traction in a variety of terrains. As a result of this feature, the last thing you would worry about when wearing the Hunter is the fear of accidentally slipping – something that is highly unlikely to happen.>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon <<<
- The Hunter is high-quality and rugged, which means they can last you a very long time.
- It is very comfortable and versatile.
- It is completely waterproof.
- The Hunter’s patent-pending Tongue Stud distributes pressure very effectively.
- The waterproof GORE-TEX® lining along with the 200g of Primaloft® insulation keeps your feet warm and dry in cold and wet environments.
- The synthetic soles offer great traction which saves you from slipping on surfaces that are slippery. On the issue of slipping, the Hunter also comes with VIBRAM® sole for excellent traction and grip.
- The Hunter’s extra-high shafts offer excellent support to the ankle.
- The Hunter’s C-4 tongue is well padded and placed in such a way that it wraps the instep in a very comfortable manner.
- It features a balance footbed that comes along with a top layer that is breathable.
- The Hunter is backed up by a 12-month warranty.
- Many customers complain of the Hunter being pretty heavy.
- The price is quite steep.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who are the manufacturers of these boots?
A. The Hunter is manufactured by Lowa Boots LLC, a company that is a renowned global producer and distributor of high-quality hunting, work safety and task force footwear. LOWA has been in the footwear business since 1923.
Q. How many colors can I get these boots in?
A. You can purchase the Lowa Hunter Evo Extreme in two colors: Brown and Antique Brown.
Q. What kind of leather is used in manufacturing the upper of these boots?
A. The uppers of the Hunter are made with Nubuck leather, which is moderately resistant to scratches and perfect for trekking long distances.
Q. Where is the Hunter manufactured?
A. It is manufactured in Germany.
Q. How much does the Hunter weigh?
A. A single boot weighs approximately 1030g/2.27lbs.
Q. What is the measurement of the Hunter’s heel?
A. The heel measures 1.75 inches from the arch.
Q. What is the height of the shaft?
A. The shaft is 9 inches when you measure it from the arch.
Q. How tall is the Hunter?
A. Overall, the Hunter is approximately 10 inches tall.
Q. How many grams of thinsulate does the Hunter have?
A. The Hunter comes with 200g of insulation, which significantly keeps your feet warm in cold climate.
Q. What is the difference between the Lowa Hunter Evo Extreme and the Tibet GTX?
A. The Hunter is very similar to the Tibet, with the most notable differences being that the Hunter is insulated whereas the Tibet isn’t, and that the Tibet is shorter than the Hunter in terms of the height of both boots.
Q. Does the Hunter come supported with a warranty?
A. Yes, it does. When you purchase the Hunter, LOWA guarantees you that the boots will be defect-free in both workmanship and materials for 12 months. If during this time, you experience any defects with the Hunter, all you need to do is send it back to LOWA and the company will repair it for you.
Regardless of where you take these boots to, they will show off their remarkable support, ruggedness, and dependability to make your outdoor adventure – be it hunting, hiking or mountaineering – the more comfortable and enjoyable. Considering all the useful features that the Hunter proudly boasts of, it is pretty easy to understand why many hardcore hikers, hunters and mountaineers see it as one of the best go-to mountain boots for serious wilderness adventures. We hope that having read the Lowa Men’s Hunter Goretex EVO Extreme Hiking Boot review above, you are now equipped with sufficient relevant information about the Hunter to decide for yourself if it is what you need for your next adventure in the wild.