G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack is a gun range bag manufactured by G•Outdoors, Inc. The bag allows a gun enthusiast to transport his or her handguns and ammo, among other shooting equipment, safely and comfortably to and from the shooting range. One of the most prominent features of the bag is its storage cradle that was designed to safely and securely accommodate 4 small to medium-sized handguns in a vertical position. In addition to providing you a safe and comfortable way of transporting your handguns, the G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack also allows you to safely and conveniently carry 12 extra magazines, shooting glasses, ammo, ear protection, tape, targets, binos, cleaning supplies and targets, among other things.
G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack Review with Detail Features
Inbuilt Storage Cradle
The inbuilt storage cradle, in which you place your guns, is designed in such a way that it easily slides in and out of the bag’s lower compartment, which gives you easy access to your guns whenever you need them. The cradle has a high density foam rack whose primary job is to hold your guns in a vertical position thereby giving the guns 360 degrees of protection. While in the foamy rack, each gun is securely held and protected from each other by dividers.
Tough and Sturdy
The G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack is a very strong and sturdy range bag. Its sturdy and tough nature makes it capable of withstanding abrasion and wear caused by the guns, ammunition and the other things that you transport with you on your numerous trips to the range.
One of the great features of the bag is that it comes with its own waterproof rain cover or “raincoat”, which is found at the top zipper pouch of the bag. This is very important when you suddenly find yourself in poor weather conditions such as a sudden downpour. In such instances, all you need to do is pull the “raincoat” from the top of the bag and use it to cover the bag. The waterproof cover will keep both the bag and its contents dry.
Plenty of Room
The bag has lots of room which makes it capable of perfectly fitting your guns, ammo, an Emergency Personal Injury Kit (EPIK), eye and ear protection, cleaning kit, shooting glasses and tape, among other essential items.
Pockets for Specific Items
Unlike some range packs out there that do not have pockets meant for specific items, the G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack has pockets that are designed to house specific items. The bag comes with several pockets which house a number of specific items, thereby keeping your items well-organized. For example, the pocket for your earplugs is meant for nothing but your earplugs. And on top of all that, all the pockets are perfectly labeled so you know which pocket is meant for which particular item. This labeling system, which is called the “Visual I.D. System”, makes accessibility to anything bag very easy.
The G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack comes in two colors: Digital Camo and Black.
- The overall durability of the backpack is good; the pack’s fabric and zippers are sturdy.
- Despite manufacturers saying that the backpack is designed to hold handguns ranging from small to medium size, the backpack can hold multiple bigger guns such as subcompact 1911, Smith & Wesson Model 22A, Glock 17 and Ruger P95, among other full sized pistols.
- It is not as bulky as most conventional gun range bags.
- The bag keeps all your guns, ammo and shooting equipment well-organized since it has a place for every specific item you carry. In addition to keeping your items organized, it is also very easy and comfortable to carry since it is a backpack.
- It not only allows for easy transportation of your shooting equipment, but also protects your equipment as you travel to and from the range.
- At first glance the backpack doesn’t resemble a gun bag, which means you can carry it around and people might never know that you are moving around with a bag load of guns.
- The bag is quite heavy.
- The bag doesn’t come with inserts for smaller items.
- It is relatively expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is the foamy pistol rack in the storage cradle removable?
A. Yes the rack is removable and is sturdy enough to perfectly hold four handguns.
Q. Is the G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack foldable?
A. It is not possible to fold the backpack.
Q. Does the backpack have an internal frame?
A. It has no metal frame. Despite the lack of a ridged frame, the bag is quite sturdy.
Q. What is the total number of magazine holders that the backpack comes with?
A. The bag comes with approximately 12 magazine holders.
Q. What are the dimensions of the Handgunner Backpack?
A. The bag’s dimensions are 20″H X 16″W X 10″ D. The compartment of the bag is 10 3/4W X 7 1/2D X 7 1/2H and the insert is 9 5/8W X 7D X 6 1/8H.
Q. Does the bag come with back pack straps which you can sling on your shoulder?
A. Yes it does have back pack straps.
In conclusion, the G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack is a decent gun bag since it comes with numerous features that keep your handguns, ammo and other items perfectly organized and safe. In addition to that, the backpack also gives you easy access to your weapons, ammo, etc., whenever you need them.
For a few other great hunting backpacks , read the Top Hunting Backpack Reviews with Buying Guide.