A rangefinder plays a significant role in whether you will hit your target or not. A rangefinder helps you be precise in your aiming, and every hunter knows that this tool plays a central role in hitting the target correctly. It is for this reason that you need to select your rangefinder carefully and get the one that suits your needs. There are various rangefinders in the market and you must find the one that is suitable for your rifle and can work with it. The brand and the specifications matter. For you to get the perfect rangefinder for your hunting, you also need to know your particular needs as a hunter. Different hunting rangefinders are designed for various hunting activities. However, most of them can work in various situations.
Top Hunting Rangefinder Reviews
Here are the top five hunting rangefinders in the market and their specifications.
This is your preferred rangefinder if you need something that is small and easy to carry. The design of the Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder is user-friendly. The key features of this rangefinder are its quality optics and rapid accuracy.
If you are in a hunting situation where you need to find prey, identify it and quickly take your aim, this would be the ideal rangefinder for you. This finder works well whether the prey is close or far from you because of its focus ability and its clear lenses. With a simple push of the button, you can see the further reading of the focus.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00EF30VWA” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon! <<<[/easyazon_link]
Features at a Glance
- Compact rangefinder that is portable and easy to use; it is Nikon’s most compact rangefinder in the market.
- Easy to read and rigid body with a display of 1-meter/yard intervals.
- Accessible buttons at the top for easy reach and has studs for a firm grip.
- Programmed to give the range of the furthest target among the targets.
- It has multiple layers that allow for a higher light transmittance within the entire visible spectrum.
[easyazon_cta align=”center” identifier=”B00EF30VWA” key=”tall-orange” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]
The Simmons LRF 600 Laser Rangefinder is one of the most accurate rangefinders that you can find in the market. You have a chance of achieving a +/-1 yard accuracy with the finder. The rangefinder comes with an in-view LCD that enhances its ability to give the exact distance of the target from within 5-600 yards.
All you need to do is tap the button at the top to enable this function. The rangefinder is weather resistant, so if you are going hunting in an area with extreme conditions, then this is the finder for you. This finder has a sleek look that makes it attractive to carry.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B004IGES0A” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon! <<<[/easyazon_link]
Features at a Glance
- 4x magnification making it ideal for far distances and a more accurate view of the target.
- It has clear crystal bright optics that allow it to have a closer view of the target for better hunting.
- Weather resistant housing.
- Lightweight (weighs 9.8 ounces).
- Has a compact design that can be easily carried.
- 5-600 yard capacity for distant targets with an accurate to +/- 1-yard aim.
- LCD that enhances the accuracy of the target.
[easyazon_cta align=”center” identifier=”B004IGES0A” key=”tall-orange” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]
The Halo XRT 6×24 Rangefinder is suited for longer distance targets since it is a 4x magnification rangefinder; it is designed for a long distance hunter who has a long distance rifle. The main factor about this rangefinder is its ability to bring the target much closer to the scope of the view and get a clearer picture of it.
The Halo XRT 6×24 Laser Rangefinder will also impress you with its design that supports easy handling. It comes with a friction rubber grip pad that gives your hands a good grip of the finder when you are getting the target. It also has slots that allow your fingers to fit. This rangefinder is water resistant; you can cross rivers with this rangefinder or get rained on without worry.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B009D69B9I” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon! <<<[/easyazon_link]
Features at a Glance
- Comes with a 400 yard to reflective target ability, enabling targets that are further from the hunter.
- It has 6x magnification which is much higher than traditional rangefinders.
- The finder comes with a precise +/- yard accuracy.
- The Wildgame Innovations Halo XRT Laser Rangefinder is for serious hunting in a real wild environment.
[easyazon_cta align=”center” identifier=”B009D69B9I” key=”tall-orange” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]
This Simmons 801405 Rangefinder, 4x20LRF 600 is a special rangefinder. Its compact vertical design makes it stand out from the rest. Typical of other Simmons rangefinders, this one is compact and portable for use.
You can carry it with you on any hunting expedition without feeling its load. The rangefinder is designed for utmost accuracy. This is the rangefinder that most professionals going mid-range hunting prefer.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B003X082A4″ locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon! <<<[/easyazon_link]
Features at a Glance
- Comes with a range magnification of 4x with a range 600 yards.
- The rangefinder has an LCD display that shows the actual target with its distance in scope.
- The rangefinder is weather resistant.
- The rangefinder is easy to use and accurate.
- Easily portable.
[easyazon_cta align=”center” identifier=”B003X082A4″ key=”tall-orange” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]
This is a professional hunter’s rangefinder. Nikon is well-known when it comes to lenses and other optical professional devices. The Nikon ProStaff 3 Laser Rangefinder is a real professional tool from its design, looks, and performance.
This is one of the most compact rangefinders that you will find in the market. It is easy to handle because of its small size and strategic location of its controls. Using one hand, you can quickly access its control buttons while focusing on your target. It is designed for high magnification compared to other rangefinders.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B007VGDUBM” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]>>> See Specifications & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon! <<<[/easyazon_link]
Features at a Glance
- Comes in black with a 6x magnification.
- Displays in 0.5-yard increments.
- Bright, multicoated optics.
- Has an angular field view of 6 degrees for real and an open view of 34.9 degrees.
- It has an eye relief 18.2mm with diopter adjustment +/-4.
- Waterproof and fogproof.
[easyazon_cta align=”center” identifier=”B007VGDUBM” key=”tall-orange” locale=”US” tag=”azhunt-20″]
Things to Consider Before Buying a Rangefinder
The magnification of the rangefinder determines how close you will see the target that you are hunting. The magnification brings the target closer for a better view. Most rangefinders come with magnifications of x4 and x6. X6 has better magnification and is good for hunting targets that are expected to be far from the hunter.
The accuracy of the rangefinder determines the outcome of your hunting. The accuracy comes in variations of + and – indicating the margin of error that you should expect. The accuracy is a range of error, and the smaller the value, the better.
Now, most rangefinders have a range minimum of 5 to a maximum of 300 yards. If you buy a rangefinder for hunting or golf, you need close range. So, before buying check its range and accuracy of the field.
Handling is a factor that determines how easily you will be able to use the rangefinder. The hunting terrain may be challenging, and you need something that is portable, easy to handle and resistant to extreme conditions.
When hunting, the rangefinder is your eyes. It brings the prey closer to your view, and you rely on it to determine how you will be able to handle it. When getting a rangefinder, you cannot sacrifice the magnification, handling, and accuracy. The best five rangefinders above are ideal for both professional and recreational hunting.