Every avid shooter knows how important a shooting rest or shooting bags are during target practices. Not only do these shooting bags dramatically improve your shooting, but they also provide great comfort during the shooting process. Any shooter wanting to improve their shooting at the range needs a good shooting rest. Today, there are a number of popular commercial shooting rests and bags in the market. In this post we review the Caldwell Dead shot Shooting Bag Combo (DeadShot® Shooting Bags).
- 1 Caldwell Dead Shot Shooting Bag Combo Review with Detail Features
- 1.1 Color
- 1.2 Front and Rear Bags
- 1.3 Quick-connect Feature
- 1.4 Reduces Felt Recoil
- 1.5 Helps Make Long Range Shots Easier
- 1.6 Easy to Empty and Refill Bags
- 1.7 PROS
- 1.8 CONS
- 1.9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.10 Final Verdict
Caldwell Dead Shot Shooting Bag Combo Review with Detail Features
Caldwell shooting bags are not only designed to keep your gun stationary for target practices, but they also help in making long range shots easier. In this post about the Caldwell Dead Shot Shooting Bag Combo review, we will take a look at some of the main features and pros and cons of this product. In addition, we look at the top customer FAQs with regard to this product.
The bags can be purchased in two colors: green or pink.
Front and Rear Bags
The DeadShot Shooting Bag Combo is made up of two bags, front and the rear bags, both of which work together to provide a stable shooting platform for your rifles.
The bags have a quick-connect feature that easily connects the front and rear bags together. This makes transporting them to and from the gun range relatively easy.
Reduces Felt Recoil
One problematic byproduct of shooting a gun is the recoil. A rifle recoil is not only irritating but can also hamper your ability to shoot accurately. Thankfully, there are a number of things that a shooter can do to reduce felt recoil. For example, this can be achieved by doing things such as wearing hearing protection while shooting and adopting a proper shooting technique. The Caldwell shooting bags can also play an instrumental role in mitigating felt recoil. This is made possible thanks to the solid rest that the bags offer your gun. The more securely your gun rests on the shooting bags, the more felt recoil is mitigated.
Helps Make Long Range Shots Easier
As a result of the solid rest the bags give your guns, it is easier to sight-in your rifle in order to get those accurate long-range shots you are aiming for. It is very important that you know that a shooter’s rifle is only as accurate as he or she makes it.
Easy to Empty and Refill Bags
The bags (both front and rear) come with zippers, which make emptying and refilling them very easy. You can refill the bags with any reasonable filler you like, using such as sand, tiny pebbles, corn, etc.
- The Caldwell shooting bags are very easy to use because they can be placed on almost any shooting surface.
- They are well-built and very easy to store.
- They are durable and portable.
- The bags are very sturdy and provide a stable shooting platform.
- The shooting bags can be easily set up.
- They are water resistant.
- They are reasonably priced.
- The front and rear rests allow your rifle to be locked perfectly well.
- The set of bags work decently for target shooting.
- It would be helpful if the manufacturers had made the stitching a little bit tighter since the seams tend to open easily.
- They can be a little bit heavy to move around – especially in their filled state. Additionally, the bags don’t come with carrying straps or a carrying case, which makes carrying them the more challenging.
- It would be better if the rear bag was a little bit bigger.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What are the dimensions of the Caldwell Dead Shot Shooting Bag Combo?
A. The front bag dimensions are 10” wide x 8 1/2” high x 6” deep whereas the rear bag dimensions are 5” wide x 5” high x 4 1/2” deep.
Q. Are the bags waterproof?
A. They are not waterproof. However, they are made with 600 Denier polyester and leather, which make them water-resistant. However, it is not advisable to leave them in the rain since being water-resistant doesn’t make them waterproof.
Q. Are the bags sold empty or do they come filled?
A. On the website you have the option of ordering filled or unfilled bags, and they come filled tight with ground corn cob granules. The choice is yours!
Q. Can the bags work well with handguns?
A. While the bags can work with all types of guns, they seem to work best with shotguns, rifles and long barrel revolvers.
The Caldwell Dead Shot Shooting Bag Combo provides the shooter with a steady shooting system at the range, and the versatility of the shooting bags also makes them very easy to set up and be used with relative ease on most shooting surfaces.